Post Thanks / Like

simple green on rims

Guys does anyone use this on there rims. I was thinking out using it 10:1 mix. What is a good dilute ratio for using on the engine rims etc. Thanks
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    10:0 would be a good ratio of water to Simple Green. Its not a wheel cleaner. Use a wheel cleaner before you use Simple Green. That stuff is kind of harsh for most wheels. I would hate to see it ruin somebody`s aluminum rims or something. That would not be smooooooth at all. :naughty Are you trying to clean some seriously damaged wheels or are you thinking about using this on a regular basis? Get some Eagle One A2Z if you want an effective wheel cleaner. It is safer on wheels than Simple Green. (And the ladies dig the orange bottle. It is smooooooth )

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    Get some Eagle One A2Z if you want an effective wheel cleaner. It is safer on wheels than Simple Green. (And the ladies dig the orange bottle. It is smooooooth )
    I use simple on my white lettering and it works great. Fuzz, not to start a fight, but how could A2Z be safer when it has a ph level of 12.1 or 12.7 when simple has a ph level of 9.3-9.5? Make me understand :beat
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a chemist and I don`t know much about Ph levels and all that stuff. I go by what the bottle says.

From the bottle:

A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner
    Safe for all wheels
    Safely removes bake dust and dirt from both wheels and tires

Eagle One A2Z All Wheel Cleaner is safe for all types of metal hubcaps and steel or aluminum alloy wheels. Safe finishes include: anodized, clear coated, factory painted and chrome.

Now, I don`t know how it can be bad for your wheels when their claim is that it is safe. If it were to cause damage then you could sue them. High ph level or not... the label says it is safe for all types of wheels. Find that promise on the label of Simple Green. I`m just all about using the right product for the job. When they make a wheel cleaner that works for the job I just think it is silly to try and reinvent the wheel by diluting an all purpose cleaner to do the same job. Why not just use a wheel cleaner for cleaning wheels? I guess it comes down to personal preference. You won`t ever see me out there diluting anything and trying to figure out how much of a product is safe for something as valuable as my wheels. If I screw them up by using the wrong ratios then I have nobody to sue. If A2Z ruins my wheels then I can always make a claim. I`m all about covering the bases.

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    I`m not a chemist and I don`t know much about Ph levels and all that stuff. I go by what the bottle says.

From the bottle:

A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner
    Safe for all wheels
    Safely removes bake dust and dirt from both wheels and tires

Eagle One A2Z All Wheel Cleaner is safe for all types of metal hubcaps and steel or aluminum alloy wheels. Safe finishes include: anodized, clear coated, factory painted and chrome.

Now, I don`t know how it can be bad for your wheels when their claim is that it is safe. If it were to cause damage then you could sue them. High ph level or not... the label says it is safe for all types of wheels. Find that promise on the label of Simple Green. I`m just all about using the right product for the job. When they make a wheel cleaner that works for the job I just think it is silly to try and reinvent the wheel by diluting an all purpose cleaner to do the same job. Why not just use a wheel cleaner for cleaning wheels? I guess it comes down to personal preference. You won`t ever see me out there diluting anything and trying to figure out how much of a product is safe for something as valuable as my wheels. If I screw them up by using the wrong ratios then I have nobody to sue. If A2Z ruins my wheels then I can always make a claim. I`m all about covering the bases.
    Ahhhhhh...... So True!!!!!
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use SG with out cutting it at all and have never had any problems at all. Its great in the wells for cutting the crap and on the tires. I would not use it on un coated rims just because it might stain them
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    I use SG with out cutting it at all and have never had any problems at all. Its great in the wells for cutting the crap and on the tires. I would not use it on un coated rims just because it might stain them
    Right on. It works great on tires, but it is a degreaser and it very possibly could permenantly stain uncoated aluminum rims. I would (and do) use a wheel cleaner such as A2Z or Megs Hot Rims.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, if your rims are clearcoated (as most are) then use whatever auto degreaser you got. if they are bare metal (cool, and lucky you) then beware with what product you put on your expensive rims.

Thread Information