Post Thanks / Like

Paintless Dent Repair

Just wondering how many of the pros offer Paintless dent repair? I`ve been looking at that, chip repair and windshield repair as things I`d like to get training on. I figured adding additional avenues for income would be great for my business. Can PDR be done outside or is lighting inside very important? Also, I know Rightlook and DingKing offer training on these, has anyone attended either or know of another training school? Any input is greatly appreciated!

ABCDetail

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ABCDetail!
    I think some pro`s do offer it and quite useful to offer. The Ding King program looks really good since I was doing some searching but here is a thread about dent removal:

http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sho...r&pagenumber=1

If I were to choose, I would probably contact Top of the Line or just go through the Ding King program, but I haven`t researched much. :dunno

(Sorry for going off topic) Gimme a shout when you can! Maybe we can meet at Majestic

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering the same thing about PDR. Anyone take the training, and how steep is the learning curve?
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple of places you can check out.

www.dentcrafttools.com

www.nodents.com

This is a service you can offer day or night rain or shine.
    If it gets very cold where your at you might need some heat.
    Ron

Ron`s Dent`s & Details

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC .
    I`ve been thinking about taking some classes on PDR . I just found a training place close to where I am . The video`s look fine but theres nothing like hands on teaching as far as I`m concerned. Do a google search to see if you have some schools or training places close to you . PDR work is a huge plus to offer in the detail business. It would no doubt help on the slow detailing days of winter.

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed dinkking and they send a free CD-rom and all the classes and alittle bit of info to wet your appetite. Its a lot of money for me especially flying out of Hawaii . They have a program including air and hotel w/pdr class and its 12K ..too much for me. I can barely keep up with my details since I`m a fleet of one..
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC, I`m currently doing PDR and found this website trying to get info about detailing and paint repair. I didn`t go to any of the schools so I can`t tell you how good they are. I trained with a local dent guy who needed another person to work in his shop. I can tell you that it takes a lot longer than the 2-3 weeks that those schools last! I trained for several months before I touched a car for money. I know a guy who has trained guys all over world and he told me not to expect to be "good" for 2yrs. He got into the business 15yrs ago when it first became commercialized. I`ve been doing this for almost 3yrs now and I`m confident to take on any job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dentwiz
    You are right. You cant learn PDR in one or two weeks. I tell people that the school is for learning the mechanics and the principles. I trained one day a week for five weeks. This gave me a week to pratice what I was taught b-4 moving on. Ding work is like golf. The more you pratice the better you are. The first year I spent alot of free time praticeing with old doors and hoods. Im still learning to this day.

Dentwiz are you from california? I had a PDR friend there we called The Wiz Kid.
    Ron

Ron`s Dent`s & Details

Thread Information