Post Thanks / Like

Question Could use some good advice on black car care!

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the forum and could really use some sound advice so I am soliciting advice from all of you on what products you all use on your black vehicles. I currently use a mothers carnuba wax with cleaner and follow it with a meguires #20 polymer sealant. I use the # 20 as it seems to last quite some time before needing to be re-applied. I now have some chips and minor scratches on both of my vehicles and before I hog it upwith any old black touch up paint, I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to touch up the scratches/chips and then what to put on the cars to possibly provide some added protection against chips etc. Also I would be interested in what products out there you have found to produce the best shine and to be the most durable(if it`s possible to get that in one product). Any good websites for black car care products would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for all of your help.
    Mike
    2000 Blk Honda Shadow
    2003 Black Nissan Maxima
    2004 Black Mazda RX-8

Post Thanks / Like
    I have gotten pretty proficient using the Mother`s Chip Repair kit. Took a little practice, but I am fixing chips that look like they have almost diappeared (according to the neighbor!). Get you a quality brush with a very fine tip, some quality touch up paint, and follow the directions on the bottle. It has been working like a charm.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Advice, you say? OCDetails.com is your friend! There is a detailing article in that site, and also on this site if you click the link in my signature, that sort of outlines my answer to that very question. Check the article in the OCDetails.com website first. I recently updated it to show links to some of the products that I mention in there. There are also some links in the Products article that might be useful.

Thread Information