Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Secret Black El Camino!!!

yesterday and today, i did my first black car, my dad`s black el camino. it got out of the body shop a few months ago, but i havent gotten a chance to touch it yet. ill first start by saying that im never gonna buy a black car. the imperfections show like crazy. i can tell where i pressed too hard with a mf..... however, the reflection is like a mirror. one thing that i noticed was that the paint job wasnt the best of paint jobs. i could tell in a couple of places where he sorta messed up with some kinda rotary, but in the end, it was all good. i used a 500 watt halogen light as a final inspection to search for any polish accidently left over, or places that i pressed too hard with the mf, leaving a little stensil of the mf.

heres what i did...... id say roughly 3.5 hours of work
    ssr 2.5 w/ yellow pad
    high temp`s paint perfection glaze /w white pad (now i have a beautiful pink stained on my pad..)
    2x trade secret canuba wax (i was bored today, so i put another coat)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    heres a pic of the hood. ive always dreamed of doing a hood shot. at my eye doctor`s office, theres a PERFECT tree for hood reflection shots, i mean perfect. the tree`s flowers are yellow, and the tree is very low, maybe 3 feet above the hood. if the sun if perfection, your picture is perfect. anyways, i tried on this one. that odd looking gentleman to the top right is NOT me, its my dad .

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    heres a picture of the side. some of the picture looks a bit distorted, and the tire is horrible, but i like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    heres another shot that i got. my dad had to go to the store, and he decided to park by a tree. anyways, i couldnt get the rite angle that i wanted, so this was the best i could do. also, some @$$hole left his starbucks drink on the ground in the parking lot, and i stepped in it while i was looking at my camera, trying to find the perfect angle.

Post Thanks / Like
    heres a pic of the car in my driveway.... cant beat the good ole clouds

Post Thanks / Like
    ah, last picture. this one was kinda funny. after i applyed the trade secret, my dog went up to the car, and saw her reflection, and got confused for a little bit, and kept starring. all that was going through my head was, dont try to bite it, dont try to bite it, dont try to bite it... either she was looking at her reflection, or inspecting the job.
    Last edited by zesty-man; 08-08-2004 at 04:26 AM.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, amazing Zesty, that`s great job you did there Seems like a couple DC members are using trade secret lately .

Just curious what made you choose TS and not other wax/sealant in this case
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, the reason that i choose TS over nattys/ex-p/ex/sg/mothers pure canuba wax (dont ask), was that i wanted to try something new, ive been hearing a lot about TS from TOL, and how its conparable to LS, so i decided that id make myself a purchase, and i must say, i was very impressed. also, i like the way how you can buff on, buff off. im not the type of guy that likes to wait an hour, because knowing me, im very forgetful........ probably next on my list for testing would be either s100/p21s or #16........ howver, thats probably gonna be in the distant future. ive never actually used an entire container of wax yet, and i wanna finish at lest half of a container first, before getting another wax.....

by the way, that pink panther = pimp

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice job zesty. I swear the next car I buy will be black. Imho no color looks better on a car.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice indeed!

I`d probably go with the #16 as a "first" next new wax, as there have been rumors, which have been denied, that #16 may be discontinued due to VOC regulations. I haven`t heard the same for S100/P21S, so you may be able to get some of this in the farther future. Also, #16 has better durability (IMHO).
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    TS on any dark car if prepped corectly looks awesome.To me trade secret is as close to SOUVERN as it gets

Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice Zesty! Good job on the pics too. You can SAY you won`t get a black car but it will come back and bite you later on. It is amazing how easy the black can show imperfections isnt it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome !!! Love those reflections !!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work!

I agree Trade Secret is a stunning carnuaba.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow! That looks fantastic! I must say TS seems to be an awesome product on dark colors. Very liquid!!
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information