2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MF Care Question / Final UPP with Car

(1) For non-professionals who are doing their own car which they might need to use, in between the final UPP coats over 2 days, can or do you use the car? If you do, do you do anything the next day before doing the 2nd UPP coat? Or should it just sit in the garage and/or under a car cover until you get that 2nd coat on?

(2) For MF applicators and towels, do you guys clean them all in the wash (cold water) together, separately by type or what compounds they touched, or do them individually by hand? I did buy both regular Dawn detergent (original scent!) and a MF cleaner.

(3) Can I wring out the water or compounds from a MF applicator or does that ruin the MF`s? It absorbs alot of water but unlike the towel I don`t want to "crush" it like I would a sponge or wash towel.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always wash my car before (after 24 hrs) I add another layer of UPP. Alot of the members on here use Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe instead of washing the car again. I wash my MF`s seperate from all other towels/applicators. I only used a MF applicator once and I never wrung out the appilcator.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Honda,

1. I always make sure the surface is clean before applying a second coat of sealant. Sometimes, all I need to do is spray and wipe from poorboys.

2. I always wash wash the MF seperately from all else, hot water, and I wash them twice. About every 4th or 5th time I use the MF restore wash.

3. I wash the MF applicators right in there with the towel. They are very durable and can take the abuse.

Hope this helps.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Thread Information