Post Thanks / Like

armor all obsessed!!!

Im sitll trying to figure out how to get the rsx pics onto the comp . somone must have mis placed my memorex card insert to hook into the computer. Anyways i will still be taking pics of a lexus truck i will be detailing saturday. The guy brought the car down a while ago and showed it to me . he has been getting it cleaned at the car wash so the paint is pretty shot. and the dash is so covered in armor all its not even funny . if you put your hand down on it its slimy and greasy and when the sun beats on it actually gets runs in it. He says he likes it like that . i explained to him he icar was ment to have a mate finish on the dash and armorall especially in heavy amounts not only kills the cars apearance but its not recomended for the dash. he says hes fine with it. Im stuck. i will clean this massive amount of the product i hate most in the world and the most incorrectly used product in the world off of his dash. He will be expecting it . i cant let my work go out of my shop like that. I have nevcer had this happen . most people listen to my advice when i tell them what goes and what doesnt after all "im a proffesional" i can not loose this client. 5cars hes bringing me and hes a big dog in my parts. A hummer h2 the lexus truck a 745 a 330 and s430 . all his all dirty , all need a detail, all soaked in armor all. i wont soak them down in the armor all. it looks terrible and it really sticks out . any advice on what i should do or say to this guy?
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    What armor-all product is he using...

From what I know. Armor-all is perfectly safe to use if he likes the look.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm chee..... do you like this better than 303 protectant?
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the dash n interior I prefer PB`s Natural look, I like the umm "natural" look it gives ,lol

The only one I got is Armor All® Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner, I haven`t try it out yet, I bought it last week with the intention of using it to clean the wheelwell, I`m leaving poorboy`s bio degradable cleaner for engine clean up , it removed all the black grease on the engine cover of my bimmer, I had to use a few cotton towels coz it was saturated with grease :wait ...( I have never cleaned under the hood in this two years of purchasing the car coz I wasn`t so sure of what to use ). Cheers Steve for the cleaner, it`s superb
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Armor All has changed its formuation to being water based, and got rid of the "bad" silicones. One thing you could do is, since the customer likes more than a matte look, and I`m guessing that you`ll have to buy a botle of Armor All for this guy, go buy a bottle of High Gloss AA. It`ll be way shiney, but you won`t have to make it slimey thick. That way all that`s leaving your shop is "a different look", not "poorly dressed." Who knows? He may even like being able to put something on the dash without having it get soaked in AA!

I think I`ve read that Meg`s NXT protectant is very shiney too, but I`m too lethargic to verify that.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    The NXT can be very shiney, depending on how you apply it.

As for the Armor All junkie, I think the biggest thing would be to clean off all of the gunky build up (and all the dirt I`m sure has collected in it) and apply a nice NEW, thin layer of AA (if that`s the stuff he insists on)
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information