Post Thanks / Like

NXT Wax As U Dry

Well, after getting the NXT booster wax and using it my opinion remains the same that I am not a fan of quick waxes. However, when something doesn`t work for me I tried to find some way to use it. Or abuse it until it`s gone and learn something in the process. So, I tried the NXT booster wax as a wax as you dry product and it worked great. I washed with GC carwash, rinsed and without removing any water sprayed on the wax as I dried with a 16 x 24 waffle weave MF. There is one thing, it will require a final wipe with a MF after the car has been dried. It left the finish as slick as if it had just been waxed.
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

R.M. Automotive Detailing f1guy68's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TraderB,

Sounds Good!

I`ve heard many people have problems using it as a `wax as u dry product"! I`m glad you had good luck!

How much did you apply?

Do you think the fact that you used a waffle weave was of benefit?
    R.M. Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    First, the car was really wet. Then I sprayed the middle of panels, avoiding trim. Yes, I think using a WW towel is a good thing and probaly made a difference. I would wipe across the sprayed area, mixing it in and then wiping the entire area well, making sure there was even coverage. I had to wring out the towel a couple of times in the drying process. I did windows trim, everything. I just didn`t spray it directly on trim or windows. When finished the car was dry but there was a slight hazing that was only visible when looking at the reflections just right. Then I wiped with a 16 x 16 soft plush MF. The first pass there was a noticable drag but after that it was satin smooth. It may be that some are using too much wax or not wiping the surface enough. I used it as is instructed for Eagle One Wax AS U Dry. Just sprayed a couple of times for each area.
    Last edited by TraderB; 08-03-2004 at 04:31 PM.
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

R.M. Automotive Detailing f1guy68's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TraderB,

Thanks for the info!

I thought that`s how you did it...hehehhehe

Cool Tips!

I will try it for sure!
    R.M. Automotive Detailing

Boss_429
    The NXT booster wax is a pretty nice product. If you are using NXT wax, the booster wax is defintely the way to go, as the booster wax contains some of the same polymers found in the wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have mentioned that NXT Tech Wax is the LSP on the car. And looking at the car this evening it sure looks like I will stick with the NXT booster waud method.

Thread Information