Post Thanks / Like

o/t detailing experience

wow! ive seen some of the pictures here on dc and im just shocked at how good u guys are. evey picture seems to look as if its been soaking in olive oil. ive never seen just awesome jobs. how long exactly have u guys been detailing. im young but i plan on being good to my cars for the rest of my life.

does detailing pay well. and if so how do u jump a career. not talking about mobile car detailing but more in the direction towards dealerships.

my experience so far has pretty much just been some newbie washing. detailing my own car and family members car for profit. nothing big. but i just love the way i compare before and after.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got some great tips for you. www.OCDetails.com is a site I made that answers questions like that. Well, it answers them the best that I can answer them anyway. There are always more than one way to do things. There are some articles in the OCD University section that might interest you.

I`ve been detailing for about 7 years. I started out not making hardly anything. I still don`t make much money at it, but for a hobby it pays pretty darn well. I bill out at $40 an hour when I`m working. It turns out to be a couple hundred bucks a week in my spare time and that suits me just fine. The only time that detailing doesn`t pay anything is when you are working for someone else. I would rather work at Taco Bell and at least get all the tacos I can eat if I was looking for a $7 per hour job. Working at a detail shop is a ton of work for very little money. If you know what you are doing, then its not hard to start a little side business and do some cars for friends and family. Check out the articles on OCDetails and tell me what you think.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a side note sometimes pictures (even my own!) can make a car look better or worse than how it looks for real....
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah

Pictures can be misleading, but you got some really good detailers here that can give you good advice. Every time I log on here I learn something. Stick around and you`ll elevate your detailing to a new level. Guaranteed!
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Thread Information