Post Thanks / Like

Question Has anyone ever used Adams...

i was looking around on the net a few miniutes ago, and came a cross adams polishes. has any one ever used this product, it says it works grat on dark colored cars. being i have a black car myself, just wondering if anybody has had good results with them, thanks guys.
    Matt

No iPod Posts On Detail City KRMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IT is just your average stuff, nothing to really write home about. For a reasonable priced sealant and wax, go with Poorboys EX-P topped with Meguiars #16. the paint will look liquid, and it will last more than 4 weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a quick search on it, but I couldn`t find what I was looking for. If I am not mistake, one of the guys here has a high opinion on Adam`s, especially their clay. I could be wrong.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    www.adamspolishes.com is there web site.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    oops...sorry....I meant did a search on DC and couldn`t find what I was looking for.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam`s Polishes are really interesting. Adam`s main goal is to have VERY easy to use product for the straightforward car cleaner person, not really for Enthusiast / Professional, so he doesn`t develop fast or upgrade his products. Adam tries ALOT of products. You would be pleased with Poorboys/Adams because both vendors are extremely nice, work on customer input, and are car crazy!

I like the 110% guarantee. I`m getting my stuff in on Friday. Nickc thinks highly of em, so I decided to give em a try. I hear they are idiot proof too. Ask NIck for any advice, as he has had alot of experience with their products.

Post Thanks / Like
    well let us know how it works out for ya.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    If your really interested give Adam a call on his website or send him a message. He is fun to talk too. Let him know that your from DC and that some members referred you. He will probably hook you up

Post Thanks / Like
    I like there products and Nick uses a lot of them if anyone can tell you about ADAMS POLISHES he can!one last thing forget about the product ADAM is one of the nicest people in this industry.This crazy person has his cellphone number on his card so you can speak with him anytime not to mention you e mail him and he gets back to you before the day is out1

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, just got off the phone with Adam actually. I`ve known Adam for about 3 years now, and his company was a big part in training me and getting me on my feet for my own business. He is very enthusiastic about his work and his products. The customer service is second to none as others have mentioned. He has been in the industry since he was a teenager, and knows a lot of what is new to the world of detailing.

Woob is sort of on the right track about product developments, company mission, and things. He actually upgrades his products once and twice a year to make them that much better. He went to school with his chemist, and is great friends with him, so they "tinker" around quite a bit. He doesn`t want to get his product line to become confusing, as the bulk of his market is the average joe detailer wanting an effective way to make their cars shine like the pros. With the drawback of not having an effective heavy swirl remover, it really makes his products similar to using a PC.....IDIOTPROOF! As explained below, you can use Scratch Out as a mild/medium swirl remover.

For those of us who have known the company long enough, Butter Wax is on its 3rd version in 2 years. It lasts a lot longer than four weeks (even the original did) and is some of the easiest stuff to buff off, even easier than EX. It is a synthetic and natural carnauba mixed into one, not a polymer sealant, so you can layer it effectively and works with glazes (Brilliance). The shine is great with that combo.

His detail spray is the best out on the market, bar none. This is his pride and joy. Absolutely no hazes or it drying funny, and when we tested it out with quite a few others, it takes a few less wipes for it to dry against the best out there. It has a very pleasant smell and I like the mister is comes with also. It is a little on the higher side, but well worth the money. As a clay lube, it is excellent.

Revive is his paint cleaner, not swirl remover. While it will remove some light swirls, its purpose isn`t to be a leveler. I can get some of the best shine with this as a Final Polish, especially with a PC. It can effectively remove mild/medium oxidation, especially when used in conjunction with Scratch Out. Scratch Out is designed to dull the edges of a scratch which are of a sharp matter. By doing this (by hand or PC), you can make the scratch have less of an appearance because the light cannot refract off the edges as well. He imports the abrasives (aluminum oxide) from Germany because they produce the finest in the world. To use this you apply by hand or PC, and then apply Revive right on top of it. That`s a big time saver by not having to buff off the residue first. Then you kill two birds with one stone. It`s a fine duo to have in the arsenal as well.

His claybar is the absolute best I`ve used, and I`ve tried plenty. It is elastic and self cleaning. It`s also a 4oz bar, so almost twice the size as the competitors, and can easily be broken up into 2`s or 3`s for greater durability. It DOES NOT leave skid marks, and comes in a heavy duty container that is sealed, so it stays fresh.

His dressings are also my favorite. VRT (vinyl, rubber, and tire) is a thick lotion-like moisturizing cream that you apply with foam to your dash, doors, plastic, etc. The big thing with this product is that it has a ton of UV protectants in there, and it is WATER-BASED. You can easily control the amount of sheen by buffing it in longer with a provided foam applicator. If you want a clean satin finish on your tires, this is definitely the product to use! The durability of the product is also the greatest I`ve seen from a water based product.

I enjoy using his Leather Conditioner for a variety of reasons. For one, it does have effective mild cleaners in it, so it reduces the time I used to have to take by cleaning first. Now, I won`t say it can clean leather that hasn`t been done for a year, but it does what it states it will. It does have Lanolin into it which is the expensive part about a GREAT leather conditioner. Adam`s has a nice smell to it also, and once applied, it dries to the touch and is not greasy. Again, it has a lot of UV protectors into it, and it is a lotion like texture to it.

In and Out is like VRT in an aerosol can. This is a neat product for under the hood and air conditioning vents, or the grill of a BMW. It is not greasy, and applies so much better than Stoner`s More Shine, Less Time. While it is a little bit more, I tend to use less and it is a far superior product.

His metal polish is the best I`ve tried, and I did a review once with about 6 metal polishes. He recently came out with a 2-step metal polishing product (mostly for Aluminum), and this will absolutely blow your mind. It`s a milky type liquid, so it really gets into the pores and polishes very, very easily.

His soap and wash pads are what I use the most. The soap has a ton of suds and the lubrication is also superior to others I have used in the past. This makes me feel confident that I am not introducing swirls into my finish while washing. It is a neutral Ph, so it will not strip any wax you might have. His wash pad is a synthetic that is designed to pull contaminants to the middle of the pad, thus, the dirt doesn`t linger around to be a possible threat to the rest of the finish. They wash up very well, and I can make them last a longer time that what I`ve used in the past.

His Microfiber towels are among the best finishing towels I own. They wash up so nicely too, and are heavy duty with a black soft stitching to the edges. It`s the perfect size too 16x24. His Waffle Weaves are to die for. These things soak up so much water, and they are thinner than the others I have used in the past. This thing is 26x27!! I don`t even have to wring it out after doing an SUV!

I think that about covers the bulk of it. I absolutely love this stuff, and have purchased hundreds (almost part of the $1000 club) from them because I believe in them so much. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about them, or feel free to ask Adam yourself.
    Last edited by Nickc0844; 07-27-2004 at 10:33 PM.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Boss_429
    I`ve used most of Adam`s products. Fortunately, his prices have come down recently, as they were a bit high for quite a while.

Anyhow, here`s my take on his stuff (I`m sure Nick will have his own take).

Butter Wax - Nice product, very, very similar to Poorboy`s EX, in application, removal, and appearance.

Brilliance - Kind of a synthetic glaze - Very interesting product.......... looks very nice under BW, and on chrome. This product use to be Adam`s topper prior to BW......... it has very poor durability on it`s own.

Adam`s wash - Decent, but nothing to brag about, other than being very concentrated.

Adam`s QD - Nice QD......... might be his best product!

Scratch Out - Don`t like this product.......... In my opinion, there are a lot better polishes out there.

Revive - Decent paint cleaner/light polish.......... Again, in my opinion, there are better paint cleaners/light polishes. NOTE: The Revive mixed with the Scratch Out is a better product than each one on it`s
    own.

VRT - Vinyl dressing. Not bad, a bit to greasy for me.

Adam`s Aluminum Polish - Haven`t tried this one......... I`ve heard it`s very good.

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure some of you know what I think of Adam`s.

It`s nothing that impressive. I don`t hear about it much on DC or on Autopia. That should clue you in that it`s not too impressive.

I got a detail kit from them and nothing from them is anything to write home about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486
    I`m sure some of you know what I think of Adam`s.

It`s nothing that impressive. I don`t hear about it much on DC or on Autopia. That should clue you in that it`s not too impressive.

I got a detail kit from them and nothing from them is anything to write home about.
    Not hearing about a product line doesn`t mean that its not impressive, but just not used alot. If you aren`t very happy, ask Adam for a full refund and explain why you aren`t happy, he will hold the 110% guarantee!

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason you don`t see much of it here or on Autopia is because it`s not sold here or on Autopia. It kind of sell`s on it`s own and has a very big following , like many product`s.

I tested some that I got on a Black Ford Escape about 4 month`s ago. I did the Revive , followed by Brilllance and 2x Butterwax. It came out looking great,sit`s outside 24/7 and get`s run through the carwash atleast once a week and it has held up really well and still look`s great.

I have no complaint`s about his product`s at all and he is a great guy to deal with. They are made to be easy to use and for both detailer and car enthusist alike. I prefer to use other product`s too, but did that as a test with some product I bought and a boatload of free sample`s. I`m starting to see more and more of his stuff at car show`s though. The bottom line is that you alway`s have to try some yourself and see how it work`s for you. Some like it and some don`t just like every other product out there. So take the negative opinion`s and the positive opinion`s with a grain of salt.

I personally prefer to use my PB stuff, it`s work`s for me so I`ll stick with it .

Thread Information