Post Thanks / Like

Redoing The Car Want Some Advise Fine Swirls

Hey everybody,

I want to sit down this weekend (if it doesn`t rain) and detail my car again. At the beginning of summer I applied the Wolf Gangs Paint Sealant with their paint cleaner that was in their Concours Kit. I liked the results alot.

I noticed I have quite a few fine swirl marks (which prompted me to want to redo the car) that I want to try and get rid of so I thought I would try some additional products before applying the WG back onto my car again. I have been reading alot on the SSR products 1, 2, & 2.5 as well as what others have been using for swirl marks (alot of information, and my brains tired after reading through countless posts)

After all the reading here is what I am thinking about doing: Please critique and lend me some advise. The paint is bright red (Indy Red) and the car is a 2003 so the paint is in great shape yet cept for some fine swirls.

1. Wash.

2. SSR 2 (With really fine swirls do you think I need to be this abrasive, or can I substitute SSR 1 instead?) I was thinking of ordering both anyway to keep on hand. If it can`t hurt me to use it I do not mind the extra step.

3. SSR 1

4. ?? Was thinking of using the WG cleaner that was in the kit. Also thought about AIO, is that where this should be used?

5. Finish with the WG sealant. Cure time and re-apply second coat few days later.

Also I have microfiber applicators, terry cloth applicators, and foam applicators that I have been using. Would say the microfiber applicators be ok to use for the SSR?

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d try SSR1 first. It works very well on fine swirls. SSR2 would be your next step if that didn`t work. SSR2 will break down very nicely, so it won`t leave any hazing behind. You could go right to the Wolfgang Pre-cleaner if you desired.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Thread Information