Wow....I`m very impressed what Meguiar has done for their polymer based products to compete with the other brands.
With Mike Phillips` introduction, I was lucky enough to try out some of Meguiar`s new products which I did not have much faith in after seeing how some other polymer based products, Zaino and Blackfire, performed.
After washing our Ti Grey S60R, I gave it a routine UPP paint cleaner before I put anything else on the paint. Granted, the paint is still nice and clean, I didn`t think it needed any polishing. I first tried Meguiar`s COLORx, not knowing much about this product, I decided to use it prior to Tech Wax based on the description of it. The very first thing I noticed was the nice scent of it. Like I said, not knowing much about the products, I was not sure what to look for in the result. The metallic flakes and depth shines through in a very translucent fashion, which was a good thing.
Then I started applying Tech Wax with the foam applicator it came with. Wow...it has by far the best scent, to me at least, of all the other polymer based sealant I`ve tried. The texture of it was pretty similar to Zaino, thicker than the latest version of UPP. Again, I did not research much on the products before I tried it on the car, so I just waited same half hour that I would with UPP before I buffed it off.
The result was pretty interesting...it almost gives the very similar carnauba look from UPP, but it still has more the typical polymer acrylic look, which is not exactly a bad thing if you top it off with some carnauba wax on it later. I`d say this product can definitely blow Zaino away if it has the same durability. Plus, at close inspection, it seems to give out a "thicker" acrylic look than Zaino. Overall I`m very pleased with the result.
I`m not sure if this means I`d ditch UPP and switch over to NXT Tech Wax, but I know I might be using couple layers of NXT next time before I put on UPP.

Oh another good thing, it doesn`t smear at all. Very easy to work with even though I used their foam pad instead of DAPC with finishing pad.

Thank you Mike. :cool