Post Thanks / Like

working on interior article

I can`t remember if I posted these or not. I`m working on an interior cleaning article for my OCDetails.com site. I thought I`d show off some of the pictures. I`m a huge fan of before/after pictures. This truck was a great test bed. I did it for free just so he wouldn`t mind that I took lots of pictures.

The light spots on the carpet in some pictures is because I was trying to do the job in the shade and that is the sun peeking through the trees.

That carpet was cleaned with my favorite interior product. Prestone Foaming Carpet Cleaner is my savior on carpets like that. Stains just don`t stand a chance. The whole interior took about 3 hours with the seats and everything else. The center console was a disaster. The truck belongs to a friend and I was helping him clean it out. He was quiting smoking and wanted the smell out of his car so it wouldn`t remind him to smoke. I made him clean the dash and the center console. I think he`ll think twice about some of the stuff he brings in his truck after having to clean all of that. Its a ten year old 4 Runner that probably hasn`t ever been cleaned, so it was a big job. Turned out pretty good I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, did you use an extractor with the Prestone? Can you go into some detail about the procedure? Thats a lot of dirt to get out!!! What was all the white stuff in the before pictures? It looks like a white powder or something.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my friend is a coke dealer and he had a couple bags split open in the back seat. Thus the need for the total interior detail. Actually, I think it was Tide or something. He was heading to do his laundry and the box tipped over.

I didn`t use an extractor or anything. I vacuumed the interior and then went to work with Prestone. I just sprayed it on and brushed it out. Its not hard to get professional results with products off the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Job. I cant seem to get prestone to work that good for me. Any secrets or just alot of elbow grease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostly just elbow grease. I flip the cap down on the can to spray it. I`ve found that if you don`t flip the cap down then the foam just builds up in the bristles and you can`t spray it. After 4 or 5 years of working with this stuff I may have come up with a trick or two that I`m not even aware of. Its just natural how I do it now. It is excellent carpet cleaner if you use it right I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
    Mostly just elbow grease.
    Man I use plenty of that already. I never thought of flippin the can upside down to spray it. thanks for the advice, have to give it a try this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t flip the can upside down. Just the cap. It flips down and gives you an unobstructed field of spray. Then snap the bristles back up and start brushing. I usually let it soak in for a minute before I do anything else, but I think I just basically follow the directions on the can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good God!!! Awesome work Jngr,

doing that with no eextractor is awesome. is this the same procedure you use on customer vehicles? also, do you use the brush on the can of prestone or a separate brush?
    01 Supercharged Nissan Frontier

Post Thanks / Like
    Great results Jngrbrdman!
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus, Mary, Joseph! That was one disgusting mess. I almost can`t believe the great job you did on that. IMHO, you should have made him clean it ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work.... Very impressive

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job, can`t wait for the article!

Post Thanks / Like
    The article is going to be good. Its part of version 2.0 for my ocdetails site. The current version is kind of limited, so I`m creating a more customizable site. I hope to have it done by August 1.

Thanks for the comments. I love it when a job turns out so well. The best part is that it was all done with stuff I got from AutoZone. Prestone, Meguiar`s Odor Terminator, Meguiar`s #39, the Four Star Rubber and Vinyl Protectant wasn`t from AutoZone, but I`m sure 303 or Stoner`s has something that would have worked just as nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive results! Do you (or anyone reading this) make a habit of removing the seats?
    ~REVERSE THE CURSE~
    www.pinnaclemobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Only when it is practical. If it is an older vehicle and has a bench seat then I don`t even try. I don`t try on power seats either. I used to have a 4 Runner and knew it was easy to take out the seats, so I did. If it is practical to remove them then I do it. It really is the best way to clean the entire carpet. On a vehicle like this where there were stains down the side of the console and carpet, it was absolutely necessary to remove the seats to get the job done. I would have probably even attempted it even if the seats were powered.

Thread Information