DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL ScreeminGTP's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

carpet extractor care

I have a carpet extractor. I was reading online somewhere where it said that you should clean the scale build up within the machine but you cannot reach it physically. What do you guys think I should use to break any kind of scale and mineral build up within the extractor.
    What do you mean it`s too shiny

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,
    if your extractor is new that you just need system mauntainet Mytee or other, Dwayne sells it here at PAC.
    If it is old like mine, there is nothing you can do about heavy build up, i tryed the strongest stuff from steambrite and it didn`t work.
    I now have truckmount descaler in powder, will try it soon and see what it is going to do.
    Hope it helped.
    "A Auto Detailing"
    Charlotte, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    try vinegar or CLR.

Post Thanks / Like
    My jet on my upholstery tool is clogged up a little.
    Can I use vinegar and water in a bowl and let the tool set in it overnight to break up the deposits.
    Also, can you run vinegar and water through the extractor to remove the buildup inside...let me know if that would hurt my extractor.
    My extractor is about 3 years old.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everday after I`ve used my carpet extractor I quickly wipe down the outside with a damp towel. I use a strong spray of water and I rinse out the reclaim tank to flush out all the dirt that settles on the bottom. There is a wire filter over the air intake in the reclaim tank and I pull that off and clean anything off that`s stuck to it. I then will suck all the water out of the reservoir.

Once every few weeks I`ll put a couple gallons of water in the reservoir, start the pump, and then fill the whole system full of vinegar including the 25` hose. I will then let it sit a few minutes and then put a rubber band around the handle to have it spray all the vinegar out of the system. I then rinse the reservoir out with water, fill it up a little, and let the system pump that water out. While it is doing this I will spray the reclaim tank down with some soap (I just use my carpet cleaner *shrug*) and wipe the sides and bottom down with a shop towl to scrub it a little and then I rinse the reclaim tank out.

It`s a lot of work but next to my truck it`s the most expensive piece of equipment I have. Also, if you don`t clean that reclaim tank out well, then it`ll start to smell like a sewer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dimedrol

I now have truckmount descaler in powder, will try it soon and see what it is going to do.
    Anyone know what this means? Sounds interesting.

I have an old extractor that is very clogged up. I`ve tried everything too. I know, well hope, there is something out there that could get it cleaned out nice and make it work again. I`ve fought my wife for a year to not throw it out. I`m gonna need to fix it or it`s going in the trash.

I think all these suggestions are great for general maint. but not for reviving a completely clogged unit. I think the problem rests in that a unit must have some sort of flow for a solution/chemical to reach the accumulated deposits. Or at least that`s the conclusion that I am comming to.
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Post Thanks / Like

speaking of vinegar

I was having trouble with my Mytee HP100 and called the sales rep to find out what to do. I asked about the solution/cleaner that Mytee sells and he also said that the vinegar is the best way to go. He claims it works better then the Mytee solution and he works on them all the time so I took his word for it. I used a gallon of vinegar and a gallon of water. Turned on the heat and the pump. It cleared it up really well. The water sprays out like it did the day we bought it. Its not quite a year old yet but the water in my area is super hard. The vinegar is cheap and it worked really well in my case.

DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL ScreeminGTP's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming that this is white distilled viniger.
    What do you mean it`s too shiny

Post Thanks / Like

yes

Roger that soldier!!!!!

Thread Information