Glorified cleaning lady M23Accord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your thoughts on colored waxes

Friend of mine has a killer dualie Ram Cummins Diesel truck which is black and he swears by this colored (black) wax made by a company called Busch. I`ve never used a colored wax so I wanted to get your opinions on this and any colored wax in general. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I used once the black one from Sonax, the car had so many rock chips it was the only solution, and it improved greatly!
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used the Turtle Wax Black colored Liquid Wax . for almost 6 months . I initially bought it just to see how well it would work.
    But found that when using regular wax that if you have chips in your paint the regular wax gets in the chips and makes them white which makes them look worst , and looks ugly as heck.

When i used the Black wax i noticed that those chips got filled with the black wax and were much much less noticable . and most of them but the largest disapeared completely.

As for the Part of my car without paint chips it works really well. it makes your paint much darker and works very well IMO.

the only downside i see is that it makes a great mess when you apply and buff off. you cant reuse towels because they are all black. you have to wash them by hand because they will make everything black. Your hands turn black from the wax if your not wearing gloves . so its a good idea to wear gloves if you arent ultra careful. Hope this helped . feel free to ask me anything concerning the wax.

-Juan
    Visit My Hangout Forum
    www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Meguiars:

First, there are thousands of different colors used every year to coat the millions of cars manufactured every year. Some paint companies offer over one hundred different hues of white alone! There is no way that a limited selection of 8-12 different-colored waxes can even begin to hope to match the multiple different hues inherent in the particular color of your car, or anyone`s car for that matter.

Second, most cars being manufactured today, and in the last 10 years have a clear coat finish. This top, clear layer of paint does not contain any color pigments whatsoever.

It doesn`t make any common sense at all to apply a pigmented or colored wax on top of a paint that is as clear as the windshield you look through. To do so would be to temporarily cloud, or discolor the original color coat that is lying underneath your clear coat. You are creating an unnatural effect that will look even stranger as the pigments in the wax fade.
    "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill

Glorified cleaning lady M23Accord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I tried the Busch Black Wax today and I have to say that I`m impressed. It was easy to use and it covered the imperfections very nicely. I only applied it to the bumper which had a generous amount of rock chips. Before I rave about this product though, I would like to see how it ages on the car. I`ll keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    It ages by washing off, that`s how it ages. It has a temporary dye in it, as do all colored waxes, that fills small scratches and such.

Use this on a single stage paint and it may have ill effects.

Personally the results are not worth the mess.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Busch black wax only on really beat on black cars, it really makes a remarkable difference. I try to avoid it mostly though since it, I feel, ruins towels. I`ve never messed with the other colors.
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Thread Information