Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    For most scratches that cannot be removed with SSR 2 or a similar product, I usually get out the 2000 grit paper and wet sand till the scratch is almost gone ... then I follow up with SSR 2 on a cutting pad either on a PC or rotary.
    I feel there is safety in wet sanding because you can work in a smaller area and with more control than with a buffer.
    If you feel that you are going to destroy the clearcoat before removing the scratch, then the scratch is a lot deeper than you think it is.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I went over the area again with SSR2 and a Cutting Pad. I really gave it a good shot. I put a ring of SSR2 on the pad and smeared it over the 1` x 1` area. Then I turned on the PC at 4.5 and did the patterns. Up and Down, back and forth, diagonal both ways. Then, I cranked it up to 6. Repeated all of the patterns until it was dusting. Scratches were still there. Repeated again. What the heck, I don`t need to save the SSR2, right? 7 minutes later, no difference.

So I gave up, and spread some EX-P with a finishing pad to seal it.

I have half a bottle of SSR2 left. I don`t think I will be using it. If anyone in Metro Detroit wants it, send me a PM, and you can come over and pick it up for free! I will not ship it, sorry. I`m not being sarcastic - I will not use it again, and if you want it, it`s yours. I hate to throw it away or let it rot on a shelf when someone else might use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d definitely would like to hear what goes on in the future with the products you try. Do you think this instance needed a rotary? Good luck removing your scratches.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    If it needs a rotary, I will live with the scratches. I may find some fillers in a glaze but I will not be using a rotary. The INSANITY must end sometime. :beat

My plan is to try some stronger compounds. I have some 1z samples on the way - Metallic, Paint, and Ultra Polish. The Ultra is about as strong as I will go.

If only I had waited 2 months to buy my Poorboys stuff - SSR2.5 would have been out, and it probably would have worked. SSR2 really isn`t that strong.

If those samples don`t work, then I`ll probably look into SSR2.5 or DACP. After that, the game is over. I will just live with the imperfections - no one else notices, anyways. :dunno

Post Thanks / Like
    Fleet, check your pm`s.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information