Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I purchased the car at a dealer thats an hour away this other Jeep dealer is like 15 minutes away. For the engine detailing I will cover the upper left side where the computer is and do it by hand after im doen with the rest of the engine. Toothbrush and MF and SG then some 303.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Focus,

Yep, that`s pretty much what I would plan to do, have tip money, order lunch or whatever for the techs, all of that if they understand I mean business when I say the car must remain prestine. Sounds like an effective strategy
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if this`ll help ya or not. But they should`ve used black polyurethane to seal the glass. There are little clips that are the moldings to make it look nice and under there is where there should be polyurethane to seal it. They should`ve also told you to not close the doors with the windows shut so that the polyurethane will set properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know whats under the seal, They told me not to wash it for 24 hours and to not take off this black tape on the top seal for 24 hours.

Thanks for the tip.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer Stories :(

"I responded with Serious enought that I have a cashiers check for $17,000.00 in my pocket do you want to take me on a tour or do you want me to leave with the the 17k."

Sounds like a good plan, but what if he says let`s see it! lol :lol

Washing the car again...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by overtheedge
    ...The mechanic comes out with a dirty shop rag to wipe off the fenders..I said never mind dude, i`ll take care of it. I just finished buffing out swirls, I don`t need anymore.
    I had that same situation myself, but a little bit more severe. I had my clutch hose replaced, along with the clutch bled, and the mechanic got a bunch of brake fluid on the paint. I saw it, and I pointed it out. So he grabs this nasty rag off of the bench and comes toward my car. I decided that I would rather use one of the MFs that I had in the glovebox to wipe it off and throw away. Luckily I had just applied 2 layers of EX-P on the car in the days before, so it was well protected. Nonetheless, I stripped the wax/sealant off and re-detailed that fender. The mechanics looked at me funny when I pulled out a microfiber cloth and refused the rag, but now they realize how I am about keeping my paint in near-perfect condition.
    -Paul
    `99 Mazda Protege LX 5spd: AIO + UPPx2 + Nattys
    15x7 ASA JS1 / Kumho Ecsta SPT 205/50/15

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

my dealer horror story:

I had a `63 Corvette conv back in the 80`s that was a body-off restoration, just about everything that could be replaced was.

I took it into a Chevy dealer `cause, at that time, no one else could (or was willing to) do a rear wheel alignment on the IRS. I asked to have the front & rear alignment done.

Service writer says I have to leave the car all day `cause "it`s old & they`re going to have problems with rust, seized parts, etc... I told him it had just been restored & I`d wait.

The interior had just been done so I put a beach towel on the floor, a blanket over the seat, and a couple rags on the console.

When it was done the alignment guy wanted to test drive it & I said no, I trusted the quality of their work.

I paid-up, went out to the car & the interior looked like a herd of cats had been fighting. The towel on the floor was pushed out of the way, the blanket was laying across the passenger seat, the steering wheel had greasy/oily finger print residue everywhere & the towels I left on the console had not been touched.

I popped the hood & found one of the steel valve covers dented where a wrench hit it when the guy was loosening-up the upper control arm.

I went back to the service writer & `````ed. HE told me there was no way of knowing if the valve cover was already dented. I pointed to the car, pointed to the engine, pointed UNDER THE CAR ..... you could eat off it anywhere & all I got was attitude.

I wrote a letter to the owner & never heard from them so I trashed them every chance I got at every meeting, every car show, every multi-club picnic and eventually the place was sold.

================================================== ===

new story but short.

Took my Accord in for a warranty transmission replacement during the summer & when I got it back it was pulling to the right. I checked the tire pressure and found the LF had over 50 psi (religiously kept at 32psi), at least that`s as high as my gauge goes. I started bleeding air & the escaping air was hot .... damn hot.

I checked it later that night & brought it up to 32 & called the dealer the next day. Service writer said there was no reason for the tire pressure to be touched for a transmission R&R, I said "do you think I`m calling you just to hear your voice?" Got no satisfaction & I won`t go back unless it`s a "dealer only" type repair.

=================================================

last comment: a dozen donuts every now & then certainly helps get the job done quickly & done right (small shop close to where I work) and nobody groans when they see you coming.
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheapshot
    "I responded with Serious enought that I have a cashiers check for $17,000.00 in my pocket do you want to take me on a tour or do you want me to leave with the the 17k."

Sounds like a good plan, but what if he says let`s see it! lol :lol
    Oh, now I would have actually had the check. If he`d said, "Are you kidding?", I would have taken out the check, held it in front of his nose so he could see all of the zeroes on it, and would have then replied, "Yes. Yes, I am kidding." Then I would have turned around and headed toward the door.

Oh what fun it is....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information