Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL ScreeminGTP's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased that video from Rightlook. While it was an informative video they worked on a car that was basically detailed already. What bothered me was that they didn`t provide a good before and after picture when they were complete. I think that when you do a car you should do a car with the average swirl or microscratches you see on everyday vehicles and show how you would tackle them with products that you are provided with. Do one side with the rotary and one side with the PC and one side with the cyclo so the average person or newbe could see what method they could use when doing their own vehicle.
    What do you mean it`s too shiny

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ScreeminGTP
    Do one side with the rotary and one side with the PC and one side with the cyclo so the average person or newbe could see what method they could use when doing their own vehicle.
    I think thats a great point. As a matter of fact I would even show the "Proper" way to do it by hand as well! And what to expect from the results of each!

I would also say to make sure to go over waxing the door jams and the drain lip for the trunk and the hood. And things to use to make getting those hard to reach places a little bit easier!

And lastly I would say is a list of prodcut assentials! Swirl removers, Polishes, Glazes, Sealents, Chrome polish, wash mits, wax aplicators, wheel brushes,ect.

And to close. Pictures if possible have still pictures on the video showing what swirls look like, what holograms look like,ect. This way they no exactly what they are looking at on their vehical,

And finnaly provide a printed check off list (or provide accecs to this check list on your website or something) and this check list would be a check list for what needs to be done to their car and what steps to tackle it in. (Sorry for the long winded response)

Post Thanks / Like
    I definately love the idea of a detailing video. ScreeminGTP has a great suggestion with the "show rotary, pc, and cyclo" application procedures and hand as well. That would help a lot with making people more confident with purchasing/using their tools/products. So to simply put it....you make it and I`ll buy it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by oregontrail
    Engine Detailing. If I make a mistake on the exterior of the car, it looks bad. On the engine, it might not work.
    :yeah :yeah :beat :beat :yeah :yeah :beat :beat

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by fireman03
    Anthony,

I would like to see a vid on how to become proficient with the rotary. Your results are always stunning when you use it.
    Thank you for the encouragement......now I am under pressure:hurl

The rotary will be covered as it plays a major role in detailing.

Thanks again,
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CrobarCars
    Anthony I couldn`t agree with you more....Each copy could have a dry white paste swoosh created by you by wiping each copy with an autographed series foam pad! Kind of like having your name as a symbol....Didn`t Prince try that?

Looking forward to this venture. What a fantastic opportunity! Good luck and continued success!!!

........This could lead to your film career! Staring in a role similar to Anachrophobia except a hardened Detailer with Rotary in Hand! ...add in a little Jack Nicholson..."Honey. I`m Home"and you got yourself an Academy award nomination!!!! :dj

Anthony...please check you PM

I just wanna be on David Letterman soI can meet the "grinder girl" she rocks!

Thanks for the well wishes,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ScreeminGTP
    I purchased that video from Rightlook. While it was an informative video they worked on a car that was basically detailed already. What bothered me was that they didn`t provide a good before and after picture when they were complete. I think that when you do a car you should do a car with the average swirl or microscratches you see on everyday vehicles and show how you would tackle them with products that you are provided with. Do one side with the rotary and one side with the PC and one side with the cyclo so the average person or newbe could see what method they could use when doing their own vehicle.
    Really great idea GTP,

I had planned on using those 3 polishers but I`ll try and do it now more along the lines of a comparison in body panels.

I also have the Rightlook video and while it is somewhat informative it sure put me to sleep also. So I hope the one we do is even more informative and keeps peoples attention. I`ll inject some humor...............do you all think that would be cool?

Originally posted by Focusedonsound
    I think thats a great point. As a matter of fact I would even show the "Proper" way to do it by hand as well! And what to expect from the results of each!

I would also say to make sure to go over waxing the door jams and the drain lip for the trunk and the hood. And things to use to make getting those hard to reach places a little bit easier!

And lastly I would say is a list of prodcut assentials! Swirl removers, Polishes, Glazes, Sealents, Chrome polish, wash mits, wax aplicators, wheel brushes,ect.

And to close. Pictures if possible have still pictures on the video showing what swirls look like, what holograms look like,ect. This way they no exactly what they are looking at on their vehical,

And finnaly provide a printed check off list (or provide accecs to this check list on your website or something) and this check list would be a check list for what needs to be done to their car and what steps to tackle it in. (Sorry for the long winded response)
    Ideas......noted, thanks

Thanks to all for the great support. I will be sure to let you all know how things progress in the coming weeks.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony -
    You can count on me for a copy. You`ve gotten me excited :phone:
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, this is a fantastic idea.

I truly look forward to this video, i cant tell you how `sterile` some of these `educational` and/or promotional detailing video`s are, just not good taste IMO ( not to mention ill-effective).

Your works speaks boldly for itself, and i strongly beleive this instructional detail filmography project has significant business potential. Watching a dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable detailer break down routines in a fun, easy to learn methods will be much appreciated by our community im sure.

Also, don`t under estimate the potential market for these DVD`s your making Anthony, once all said and done....you may be finding yourself becoming a `detail producer/director` up and above an actual detailer!

Sign me up on the first shipments too! Im sure these will be a smashing success.

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    It really should be a series. Start of course with intro-to-detailing stuff and I`d highlight buffing with a PC as this is all the rage these days. But I`d personally benefit more from a video on the "art of buffing" showing the techniques involved in polishing and waxing, which is 10 times more important than which brand to buy. How fast (or slow) and in what precise manner a detailing pro guides a PC over a panel, or buffs a final topping by hand, can`t be adequately described with words alone and must be seen.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

Irene wants me to sign copies of the DVD but that`s just really ridiculous in my eyes

Thanks for the support!
    Anthony
    Would it be possible to get an signed copy? Worse comes to worse, I can drive down to San Anotnio from Waco and get you to sign it. Your signiture is worth gold to the detailing community.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE.......

OK....against my wishes, Irene says that the first 50 DVD`s will come signed....(sheesh)

AND.....we are thinking about including on random DVD`s a special "prize" which will be a gift certificate in the amount of "X" dollars towards stuff at Top of the Line.

Irene is also pleased with all the responses so she may include an extra hour on the DVD, so it will then be a 2 hour DVD instead of a 1 hour........phew....I better get busy:cool

Thanks for the support and suggestions,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m buying one when it comes out!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information