Post Thanks / Like

All mobilers help

I Decided to go mobile (finally), and i have some questions.
    Please if you don`t mind share you practice and knowledge. Thanks
    1) Where do you guys detail (wash) the car if it is very limited is driveway space, i was thinking maybe the road but sometimes the road is so skinny that my rig is the only car that will fit on it.
    2) Also what about business parking lots, do i have to have permission of that business or what? Like, customer calls and says i want you to detail my car while i am at work.
    3) The noise of the generator, did anyone have had any problems from neighbor or business?
    Thanks again.
    Dimedrol
    "A Auto Detailing"
    Charlotte, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    dimedrol,
    1. No advise, never had a driveway so tight that I couldn`t work in it. If I have 4ft everyway around the vehicle, I can make due.
    2. Although someplaces would like you to have permission, don`t ever ask first, book the deal, go there, and work. I would say that maybe there is a 3% chance that you`ll be bothered by anyone. If you are bothered, deal with it accordingly.
    3. My generator is a 5000w honda and runs from inside a 3/4 ton cargo van, so it muffles the sound a bit. Mostly though, if I work in a parking lot, no one can really hear or care about the sound. Otherwise, if I work near buildings, I ask the customer to use electric, never had someone say no.
    denverdetail
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Proud Resident Of Detail City scottabi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. I use QEW and never had a problem with a car being too dirty, or finding a location for the car to be washed.
    2. I agree with Denver on this one. Never had a problem with anybody complaining that I was there.
    3.I use a honda EU2000i, 1600 rated watts generator and it is only 59 decibals my shop vac is much louder than it! and it is enough to run my rotory, shop vac, ect. . I also only use the generator if I am in a remote parking lot ect. never had anybody say I couldn`t use their electric outlet.

Thread Information