Thread: FW1 or FastWax?

Post Thanks / Like

FW1 or FastWax?

My wife was out getting gas the other day and bought me a detailing kit from a company called Fast Wax. It is all aerosol based. The cans also say "FW1". Anyone used this stuff? Never heard of it before.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FW1 or FastWax?

I have it. It is essentially a waterless wash containing cleaners and wax. It has an extreme petrochemical smell that is all but impossible to wash out of whatever you apply & wipe it off with, especially the applicator cloth. It was so strong that after washing the terry towels I used it smelled up the washer so badly that I had to run empty loads with just bleach to remove the smell. Use bulk terry towels and throw them away when done.

It does work on a not too heavily soiled surface and leaves a warm carnauba look and slickness after a few hours. DO NOT spray it into areas where it will be difficult to access, spray the cloth then wipe. I recommend disposable gloves be worn when using it. Once I`ve used it up I won`t replace it but it does work reasonably well other than the lovely aroma of a refinery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    I have it. It is essentially a waterless wash containing cleaners and wax. It has an extreme petrochemical smell that is all but impossible to wash out of whatever you apply & wipe it off with, especially the applicator cloth. It was so strong that after washing the terry towels I used it smelled up the washer so badly that I had to run empty loads with just bleach to remove the smell. Use bulk terry towels and throw them away when done.

It does work on a not too heavily soiled surface and leaves a warm carnauba look and slickness after a few hours. DO NOT spray it into areas where it will be difficult to access, spray the cloth then wipe. I recommend disposable gloves be worn when using it. Once I`ve used it up I won`t replace it but it does work reasonably well other than the lovely aroma of a refinery.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

A gal hit me up at a gas station about it. She cleaned my motorcycle headlight and it removed the film like crazy and it was brand new. I tried it at home and it didn`t work on the other 2 lights. Hmmm...I like to use it for my motorcycle but not sure I will replace it once it`s gone.

Thread Information