Post Thanks / Like

Megs Pad came unglued

I was working on the vehicle today, and noticed the pad starting to go way of center. I stopped what I was doing and notice the white velco had come unglued. The pad has only been used 3 times with DACP. Is it just a bad pad or am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    If I was to speculate, I would say that you may have beared down to hard on the PC and generated enough heat to seperate the backing from the foam. It has happened to me on a Meg`s Pad that was only used on 3 vehicles.
    "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like
    You could send the pad back or get a tube of Shoe Goo from Walmart in the shoe section, glue it and go about your business. Set you back about $4
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually after I thought about it I bought some Spray on Trim Contact Cement that was safe for foam. Worked Great. Still think it stinks that it came apart. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had Meg`s pad and Edge pads fall apart. For some reason it`s only the more agressive pads that fell apart. My Meg`s finishing pad and Edge blue pad haven`t had any problems. I`m certain heat is the cause of the failures. That said, I haven`t had any problems with Meg`s or Edge pads for the rotory at all. I`ve had Edge rotory pads last years with regular cleaning
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    shotime, The problems usually happen with the cutting pads because the cells are more spread out and there is less surface area to actually glue to. That being said our fist line of DA pads was made out of a closed cell foam which had some good benefits such as keeping the chemical on the surface and allowing a little heat to build up which many products need but it also was not the most durable. We have upgraded to a new Durafoam foam which is very strong and we also make it now in an Edge2000 design which has no velcro and no backing plate.

Thread Information