Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Poorboy`s Towels, and Poorboy`s in general.

I am fascinated by Poorboy`s World. This little company has built an international following using plain black and white labels, simple marketing campaigns, and a refreshing lack of hype, glamour, and pseudoscience. I think people respond positively to the honesty and straightforwardness of the product line. The catchy name and mascot draw you in. Then you see that the prices are fair, but aren’t rock bottom either. The price/performance ratio always represents value, but never cheapness. PB isn’t the type of company to sell something just because it’s inexpensive. For instance, the towels. They could just rebrand the Super Towel (a typical house brand Chinese MFT) and say “look how cheap!” but instead they’ve found a towel that they know is excellent and they charge accordingly but not exorbitantly. Personally, I learned my lesson recently when I tried to save $10 and bought a stack of towels from [insert California-based guys here] and was sorely disappointed compared to my Mega Plush towels.

Thanks for hanging in there reader:
    This Shout is for Poorboy’s Mega Plush and DMT Towels! Highly Recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s Towels, and Poorboy`s in general.

I haven`t used anything of their`s other than natural look but I am definitely interested in trying as many of their products as possible. They get a lot of love here and I trust the people here. Plus Pockets is active on here and that says a lot about what he loves to do and his love for the product and I don`t see any (insert California based company) active here haha. I just wish I had more money to place more orders.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys makes some good stuff. Love their DMT`s have a ton of them mostly green. I had tried so many others for more and less $ and decided that I should buy the DMTs on sale at their detail fest. I purchased a bunch (Ronny was there) BTW.

Their glazes are good if you need them and so it the tire dressing and my favorite product is the spray and wipe. Mostly for the smell............(kidding also very good performance).

Prices are just like you say. Fair for what you get.

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my favorite PB Products:

Poorboy’s World Bird Sh#t Remover
    Poorboy’s World Glass Cleaner

As for the MFs, I love the UMTs. Work great for Waterless washes. UMTs are the only PB MFs that I have tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys has saved my butt numerous times when I`m stuck working in the sun. Their products should have a permanent place in any mobile detailers arsenal IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw shucks ya`ll are making me blush over here

It really means a lot to have an awesome customer base!

I have a confession, we did make Polish w/ Carnauba Blue, Liquid Natty`s Blue, and Natty`s Red all single color labels but they are still very boring

I am constantly tugged between "dressing" up the line and labels to make them purdy like the others but I always go back to saying why spend more money on the label that will take away money from the product in the bottle! After all the prettier label the more expensive it is and the more money that needs to be made to pay for it. We keep it simple and give you a high quality (ugly label ) product that is in everybody`s budget I assure you they will not be pretty until we can figure out how to make them in the same price range as our labels now.

Also if you made it this far there may or may not be an addition/change to the DMT line in the near future all you DMT lovers

And don`t forget we run monthly specials on Microfiber and Pads at our Microfiber/Pad only site Ultra Finish Microfiber (Powered by CubeCart)

all of you!

P.S. - The only reason the DMT`s exist is because Steve went to our Microfiber mfg. and told them exactly what he wanted and said you tell me the price they are custom made and blended just for us, unlike most that go to the mfg. and tell them how much they want it for and how much they want to make on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been hoping that Autopia/AG would carry the mico line
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post

Also if you made it this far there may or may not be an addition/change to the DMT line in the near future all you DMT lovers
    Contact me for names! Seriously, you know it as well as me, the acronyms are confusing. Leave DMT alone and change Mega Plush to BMT. Meaning: Basic Mega Towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just started to look at there line. I am going to try them. Besides the way Ron`s Vette looks, awesome, I am impressed with what I see. The biggest seller for me is the fact that you can use it in the sun. I am going to need that this year doing the semi trucks

Post Thanks / Like

The PB DMT towels are my favorite all microfiber towel.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I love the spray & wipe. No wax, no gloss enhancers. It is and will always be my permanent waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
    I love the spray & wipe. No wax, no gloss enhancers. It is and will always be my permanent waterless wash.
    Spray & Wipe was my first PB product and remains the only thing I buy by the gallon. Other products I like to play with and change up, but not S&W.

Post Thanks / Like

Have most of their line up and am a returning customer for life.

Post Thanks / Like

Pockets. Please do t change the DMT. (Not that is would effect me. I have a lifetime supply). This is the only towel I own that remains the same wash after wash after wash. Most of mine were purchased between 2008-2010 and they still perform flawlessly. I do grab more now and again and I am not even sure why. I have too many at this point. Lol. Too much is just enough. Right Ron.

The reason I purchase other towels at all is to see if there is anythig better. So far. I have not found it in anywhere close to the same price. I did like the Euroshag towels for QD on my soft black car but now that that is gone they do regular duty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Pockets. Please do t change the DMT. (Not that is would effect me. I have a lifetime supply). This is the only towel I own that remains the same wash after wash after wash. Most of mine were purchased between 2008-2010 and they still perform flawlessly. I do grab more now and again and I am not even sure why. I have too many at this point. Lol. Too much is just enough. Right Ron.

The reason I purchase other towels at all is to see if there is anythig better. So far. I have not found it in anywhere close to the same price. I did like the Euroshag towels for QD on my soft black car but now that that is gone they do regular duty.
    Can never have enough micro
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information