Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Any reviews on Griot`s Garage Car Wash

I just ran out of my Ultima car wash shampoo.. Local Advanced auto parts carries Griot`s Car Wash. Anyone got much experience with this product? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... I don`t like it. It`s pretty mild. It`s quite good on LSPs though. I like P21S better for something mild.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any reviews on Griot`s Garage Car Wash

I would call it middle of the pack. There is nothing special but I did like Griot`s Car Wash with wax. It is leaves a nice shine.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a carquest or napa near you. If so you may be able to find duragloss products.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you not like UPGW or just trying to find something local? I`ve used Ultima and thought it was pretty good. Just wondering what your opinion of it was...

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies all... I actually love the Ultima, Im just freakin out of it and now Im stuck until its delivered. Just wanted a alternative that I could probably use now and I happened to see the Griot`s in the store. What do you guys resort to locally when you find yourself out of your go to car wash shampoo. I should know better.. geezzz

once again.. Ultima is one of my favorites!

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing wrong with Griot`s but just nothing special. I still use it occasionally along with other soaps: safe, cleans decent (use more if especially dirty), etc. I do think Ultima is a top tier soap but I need to wear gloves when using it. I like the drying characteristics. It seems to irritate my skin.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atlantarange View Post
    thanks for the replies all... I actually love the Ultima, Im just freakin out of it and now Im stuck until its delivered. Just wanted a alternative that I could probably use now and I happened to see the Griot`s in the store. What do you guys resort to locally when you find yourself out of your go to car wash shampoo. I should know better.. geezzz

I know a lot of people like Meguiar`s Gold Class, which can be found just about everywhere. I personally have never used it but have heard a lot of good things. May be worth checking out and I think it is pretty economical.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of Griots wash and like others have said here I wasn`t too impressed with it. Ultima shampoo is up there as one of my faves. If you have a Napa Auto Parts near you, go pick up a bottle of DuraGloss 901. It`s a great OTC shampoo that cleans well and leaves a nice shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Car Wash, I personally like it better than Duragloss 901. From everything I`ve heard in this thread about Griots, Optimum and Duragloss are $10 cheaper and likely better.

2oz of Optimum + squirt of ONR in a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 4 gallons is perfect for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atlantarange View Post

Even after joining this site I may have spent a few dollars on products but trying to keep on a budget nothing has convince me to spend big dollars on wash soap. For many years I have used Turtle Wax ZipWax car wash soap. The name maybe a little deceiving as it actually doesn`t strip wax or not that I have noticed. It is supposed to have a wax in it hence zip wax. It cleans great and leaves a nice shine behind. And at $5 to $7 for a half gallon beats out $15 to $20 a pint on so called premium soap any day. JMO.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to add... All griots products at advanced are $5 off any two this month.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage shampoo is good.
    Not the best in the world (is there such thing?) just good stuff.
    Like a Toyota it is probably not the most exciting stuff so doesnt get mentioned a lot on forums.

GG Car Wash is 1:256
    GG Wash & Wax is 1:128
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radarryan View Post
    I know a lot of people like Meguiar`s Gold Class, which can be found just about everywhere. I personally have never used it but have heard a lot of good things. May be worth checking out and I think it is pretty economical.
    Dittos on the Meguiars Gold Class. My first preference is Duragloss 902 but I have used the Gold Class a number of times and really like it. It is priced very reasonable and can usually be found at Walmart or Target.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the advice. I ended up running by Napa to grab a gallon of Duragloss 902 to keep on hand. I will use this until I get some more Ultima.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information