Thread: Help !

Post Thanks / Like

Help !

I have been working on a 1994 Ford Explorer in which the owner ran through some white road paint on the passengers side of the vehicle. The paint is spalttered all in the wheel wells and down the fender and door. This paint has been on the vehicle for a long period of time and has proven almost impossible to remove with my techniques. I have tried claying and using Ultimate Compound by hand and DA. I have had only limited success in removing this stuff. Is there any chemical that can be used that will remove the paint without damaging the original finish? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help !

For the wheel wells, myself, I would just spray em w black spray paint

As far as the paint goes, if ya got the stones, try mineral spirits, and rinse quickly. (but i`d wait for others to chime in)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mineral Spirits or Prep Sol is perfectly safe as long as you use it right. Clean towels, clean surface, and no harsh scrubbing, and you should be fine. Let the chemicals do the work. Just understand that you might need to lightly polish afterward, and you will definitely need to wax or seal that area because any protection that was there will be long gone.

Post Thanks / Like

When in doubt... Carpro trix. Also try clay but not together.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try Stoners Tarminator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Mineral Spirits or Prep Sol is perfectly safe as long as you use it right. Clean towels, clean surface, and no harsh scrubbing, and you should be fine. Let the chemicals do the work. Just understand that you might need to lightly polish afterward, and you will definitely need to wax or seal that area because any protection that was there will be long gone.
    I realize I`m bumping an old thread, but can you please describe the ideal method to do this?

Thread Information