Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Recommend me a good One-Step Polish - Good Cut / Correction & Super High Gloss Finish

I`m looking for a polish that can be a 1 step process. Decent cut to get out minor swirls & scratches but also leaving a high gloss right before my LSP.

I`ve used Klasse AIO for years but as I know it, its not really doing any "correction".

Is there any GOOD one step process polish, or should I really step into a 2-step process?

Looking forward to your thoughts!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend me a good One-Step Polish - Good Cut / Correction & Super High Gloss Finish

There`s lots of possible options here, but it really depends on the severity of the correction needed, the equipment you have, the paint you are working on, etc. This could turn into a long thread that would capture a lot of what is already available on here, so try looking up Menz PF2500, Megs M205, Sonax PF 4/6, and Blackfire polish. That`s only a small few of the good products out there, but a lot of important details are left out of your post.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend me a good One-Step Polish - Good Cut / Correction & Super High Gloss Finish

megs ultimate compound is pretty good one step used right
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rattlerskin View Post
    There`s lots of possible options here, but it really depends on the severity of the correction needed, the equipment you have, the paint you are working on, etc. This could turn into a long thread that would capture a lot of what is already available on here, so try looking up Menz PF2500, Megs M205, Sonax PF 4/6, and Blackfire polish. That`s only a small few of the good products out there, but a lot of important details are left out of your post.

Cheers
    Sorry, its a new car but dark blue so I know swirls will pop up in as little as 6 months. I have a DA polisher and plan on buying the appropriate pads along with the recommended products.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

m205 on a finishing MF disc
    sonax 4/6 on a green BnS pad
    M100 on a MF finishing disc
    PF2500 on a white B n S pad
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

3D HD Adapt

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the HD adapt! You should have a good one step using that with cyan or tangerine hydrotech pads depending on the hardness of paint.
    This should say it all

That is on hard newer Acura paint and this was on my lightning

I used the cyan pad on the Acura and the tangerine on the lightning.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HD ADAPT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve seen good results with anything from Menzerna FG400, PF2500, and SF4000 with the pads augmented depending on cut and finish. I`ve seen FG400 finish to LSP results in one step with a fairly aggressive pad. 2500, though, is considered Menzerna`s one step product. Good luck and happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

For the best performance, a two step is recommended-

For a one step: Menzerna PF2500 with a Lake Country H20 Hydro-Tech Pad

For two easy steps: BLACKFIRE DUO - with Lake Country Orange and White CCS Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Todd, how do you think PF2500 would work with a CCS orange pad for a one step. I may use this on a 2009 Subaru WRX hatchback. Of course wont tell for sure until test spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    For the best performance, a two step is recommended-
    Agreed!

Paint hardness, polish, pad, tool, and technique will all play a roll as well. Trying to get good cut and finish in one step usually leaves something on the table in terms of gloss or defects.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys - I decided to bite the bullet at get Menzerna FG400, PF2500, and SF4000.

Lake Country`s pads can get a bit confusing... I`ve used CCS pads before, but are the Hydrotech pads better? I like that there are only 3 pads instead of 6

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdgrwl View Post
    Thanks guys - I decided to bite the bullet at get Menzerna FG400, PF2500, and SF4000.

Lake Country`s pads can get a bit confusing... I`ve used CCS pads before, but are the Hydrotech pads better? I like that there are only 3 pads instead of 6
    I have years of Lake Country Hydro-Shred Pads experience with a Rotary...

They work really great, cut, and have the ability to finish down amazingly..
    The Cyan (blue) pad is the most aggressive, the Tangerine (orange) pad is next..
    Thats it for correction and finish down.

The Crimson is the softest and some people may use it to apply the finest Menzerna polishing compound, glaze, or LSP..

These pads are on the firm side and do not absorb very much of the product, leaving it on the surface to be worked... They clean up easily and on a Rotary, used very aggressively, they will start to shred - again, using a Rotary..

Dan F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information