Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    How much is rent?

    Guys im desperately trying to get a garage with water and electricity so that i could get my business started, but the prices for rent is so high! How much do you guys pay for rent what is a reasonable price?

  2. #2
    mrclean81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    2,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Good commercial property is very expensive. The big question is what are your long term business goals? Are you wanting to do more volume/production work, or be more of a solo act doing higher end stuff, or a little of both? Do you/will you have employees? This can determain weather its worth it imo. If your doing the solo gig and never really want to get into a higher volume, multiple employee type of business, a small shop outside of town or at least off of the main roads is fine. If your looking to get into production work, location location location! The higher rent is worth it in that scenerio because of the drive by exposure you get. I`m actually scouting for shops right now too but haven`t found much.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mohamedmaark View Post
    Guys im desperately trying to get a garage with water and electricity so that i could get my business started, but the prices for rent is so high! How much do you guys pay for rent what is a reasonable price?
    Find someone that will rent you a bay. Mechanic/Stereo/Muffler Shop

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Good commercial property is very expensive. The big question is what are your long term business goals? Are you wanting to do more volume/production work, or be more of a solo act doing higher end stuff, or a little of both? Do you/will you have employees? This can determain weather its worth it imo. If your doing the solo gig and never really want to get into a higher volume, multiple employee type of business, a small shop outside of town or at least off of the main roads is fine. If your looking to get into production work, location location location! The higher rent is worth it in that scenerio because of the drive by exposure you get. I`m actually scouting for shops right now too but haven`t found much.
    Yes i am trying to do the solo gig, and even with shops not on the main roads, small 1 car garage with water and electricity is like $1800 its crazy!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Find someone that will rent you a bay. Mechanic/Stereo/Muffler Shop

    Ya, do you mean like if its a big shop rent a small part of it? I kind of dont like that because its like two buisness in one, ive done that already, and i am looking around for any garage with 1 bay water and electricty and im getting prices over $1000 a month!

  6. #6
    mrclean81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    2,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Thats a little high but not unreasonable if you live in a highly populated area. You`d have to make some serious money on a consistant basis, but it could be done.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mohamedmaark View Post
    Ya, do you mean like if its a big shop rent a small part of it? I kind of dont like that because its like two buisness in one, ive done that already, and i am looking around for any garage with 1 bay water and electricty and im getting prices over $1000 a month!
    Why would you not want to work alongside another automotive related business? You can draw business off one another

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Why would you not want to work alongside another automotive related business? You can draw business off one another
    Ya i actually did get some of the other businesses customers but i had a hard time getting along with others there... very annoying, and it seems like mobile detailing is more convenient for customers and no rent for me, some gas but still....

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Thats a little high but not unreasonable if you live in a highly populated area. You`d have to make some serious money on a consistant basis, but it could be done.

    Ya clifton here in NJ is kind of populated, not to many people are intrested in the professional detailing services though... im going to continue looking hopefully ill find one, are you a mobile detailer?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mohamedmaark View Post
    Ya i actually did get some of the other businesses customers but i had a hard time getting along with others there... very annoying, and it seems like mobile detailing is more convenient for customers and no rent for me, some gas but still....
    I have a hard time getting along with others. I can relate


  11. #11
    mrclean81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    2,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mohamedmaark View Post
    im going to continue looking hopefully ill find one, are you a mobile detailer?
    Yes I am. I`ve done the mobile thing for 8 years, and while its been fairly profitable, I`m over it. If I can`t get into a shop this year, I`m done. I know that sounds terrible, but thats how I feel about it anymore.

  12. #12
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    25,827
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by mohamedmaark View Post
    Ya, do you mean like if its a big shop rent a small part of it? I kind of dont like that because its like two buisness in one, ive done that already, and i am looking around for any garage with 1 bay water and electricty and im getting prices over $1000 a month!
    Is $1000.00 unreasonable? Especially with electric and water......

    These are fixed costs then, and you know what you have to do to cover it.

    Really that`s 10 jobs at 100/job. If you knock one a day out, that leaves you 20 days to make $$$
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  13. #13
    colinpd137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    At my shop I payed the whole year up front (Because I sold my truck getting out of mobile) normally would of been $620 a month but talked them down & payed $570 a month + Electric. They cover water & trash

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post
    At my shop I payed the whole year up front (Because I sold my truck getting out of mobile) normally would of been $620 a month but talked them down & payed $570 a month + Electric. They cover water & trash
    Now thats what im talking about, ill do that any day!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much is rent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Is $1000.00 unreasonable? Especially with electric and water......

    These are fixed costs then, and you know what you have to do to cover it.

    Really that`s 10 jobs at 100/job. If you knock one a day out, that leaves you 20 days to make $$$
    Yes your right, but buisness is kind of slow, if it wasnt this slow i wouldnt mind that. I know two major paint correction and im almost paid off the rent. Have to try to get more buisness, working hard on advertising

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How much does everyone pay for rent?
    By noble in forum Start your own auto detailing business
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
  2. DA Polisher for rent!
    By sejodiren in forum Good Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 04:50 PM
  3. Where to rent a rotary?
    By sfa500 in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 07:33 PM
  4. Garage for Rent
    By Ghaleon0721 in forum Northeast USA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 11:38 AM
  5. Where to Rent a PC?
    By RhinoNC in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •