Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

How much is rent?

Guys im desperately trying to get a garage with water and electricity so that i could get my business started, but the prices for rent is so high! How much do you guys pay for rent what is a reasonable price?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much is rent?

Good commercial property is very expensive. The big question is what are your long term business goals? Are you wanting to do more volume/production work, or be more of a solo act doing higher end stuff, or a little of both? Do you/will you have employees? This can determain weather its worth it imo. If your doing the solo gig and never really want to get into a higher volume, multiple employee type of business, a small shop outside of town or at least off of the main roads is fine. If your looking to get into production work, location location location! The higher rent is worth it in that scenerio because of the drive by exposure you get. I`m actually scouting for shops right now too but haven`t found much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mohamedmaark View Post
    Guys im desperately trying to get a garage with water and electricity so that i could get my business started, but the prices for rent is so high! How much do you guys pay for rent what is a reasonable price?
    Find someone that will rent you a bay. Mechanic/Stereo/Muffler Shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Good commercial property is very expensive. The big question is what are your long term business goals? Are you wanting to do more volume/production work, or be more of a solo act doing higher end stuff, or a little of both? Do you/will you have employees? This can determain weather its worth it imo. If your doing the solo gig and never really want to get into a higher volume, multiple employee type of business, a small shop outside of town or at least off of the main roads is fine. If your looking to get into production work, location location location! The higher rent is worth it in that scenerio because of the drive by exposure you get. I`m actually scouting for shops right now too but haven`t found much.
    Yes i am trying to do the solo gig, and even with shops not on the main roads, small 1 car garage with water and electricity is like $1800 its crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Find someone that will rent you a bay. Mechanic/Stereo/Muffler Shop

Ya, do you mean like if its a big shop rent a small part of it? I kind of dont like that because its like two buisness in one, ive done that already, and i am looking around for any garage with 1 bay water and electricty and im getting prices over $1000 a month!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a little high but not unreasonable if you live in a highly populated area. You`d have to make some serious money on a consistant basis, but it could be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, do you mean like if its a big shop rent a small part of it? I kind of dont like that because its like two buisness in one, ive done that already, and i am looking around for any garage with 1 bay water and electricty and im getting prices over $1000 a month!
    Why would you not want to work alongside another automotive related business? You can draw business off one another

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Why would you not want to work alongside another automotive related business? You can draw business off one another
    Ya i actually did get some of the other businesses customers but i had a hard time getting along with others there... very annoying, and it seems like mobile detailing is more convenient for customers and no rent for me, some gas but still....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Thats a little high but not unreasonable if you live in a highly populated area. You`d have to make some serious money on a consistant basis, but it could be done.

Ya clifton here in NJ is kind of populated, not to many people are intrested in the professional detailing services though... im going to continue looking hopefully ill find one, are you a mobile detailer?

Post Thanks / Like

Ya i actually did get some of the other businesses customers but i had a hard time getting along with others there... very annoying, and it seems like mobile detailing is more convenient for customers and no rent for me, some gas but still....
    I have a hard time getting along with others. I can relate

Post Thanks / Like

im going to continue looking hopefully ill find one, are you a mobile detailer?
    Yes I am. I`ve done the mobile thing for 8 years, and while its been fairly profitable, I`m over it. If I can`t get into a shop this year, I`m done. I know that sounds terrible, but thats how I feel about it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Is $1000.00 unreasonable? Especially with electric and water......

These are fixed costs then, and you know what you have to do to cover it.

Really that`s 10 jobs at 100/job. If you knock one a day out, that leaves you 20 days to make $$$
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

At my shop I payed the whole year up front (Because I sold my truck getting out of mobile) normally would of been $620 a month but talked them down & payed $570 a month + Electric. They cover water & trash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post
    At my shop I payed the whole year up front (Because I sold my truck getting out of mobile) normally would of been $620 a month but talked them down & payed $570 a month + Electric. They cover water & trash
    Now thats what im talking about, ill do that any day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Is $1000.00 unreasonable? Especially with electric and water......

These are fixed costs then, and you know what you have to do to cover it.

Really that`s 10 jobs at 100/job. If you knock one a day out, that leaves you 20 days to make $$$
    Yes your right, but buisness is kind of slow, if it wasnt this slow i wouldnt mind that. I know two major paint correction and im almost paid off the rent. Have to try to get more buisness, working hard on advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information