Post Thanks / Like

bleach white for tires

Hey guys, saw a conversation in chat and I have also been thinking about this lately.

I have tried CG all clean apc and CG signature wheel cleaner on tires and they seemed to do a good job until I clean the same tire right after with bleach white. The bleach white pulls way more dirt and grim from the tires, even right after I used other cleaners.

I`m not saying that makes it the best product to use. I have always been concerned about the harshness of bleach white to sensitive wheels like polished aluminum. Even though you don`t use it on wheels, some product always makes it to them. Just would like yours guys take on this, Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bleach white for tires

I used Bleach White for years to clean my tires with no ill affects, but as you say some product is bound to get on the wheels and most likely remove LSP. I`ve since changed to Mothers new Back to Black Tire Renew. Cleans as well as the Bleach White, but not as harsh, easier to keep off the wheels and really simple to use. I spray it on, agitate with a brush and then just wipe it off--no need to use water.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s all I use. I`ve tried every APC, every supposed wheel/tire cleaner, and there is nothing I`ve tried that cleans a tire like a good whitewall cleaner and ironically nothing cheaper either if your using the right stuff. Your best bet is contacting a company like Car Brite or Auto Magic and buy it by the gallon. The real stuff mixes 3:1 or more and will leave nothing on a tire. Sometimes I don`t even have to dress the tires when I`m done because its so clean. I actually use it in a pump sprayer and use it on the fender wells and frames while I`m at it. The best part? Its cheap. A gallon is usually less than $20 before dilution ratios are figured in. Its safe for wheels too btw. In about 15 years of using it, I`ve never had it effect a wheel other than cleaning it.

Post Thanks / Like

I made some comments in the Chat Box on this topic so this post may look familiar. I`ve used Bleche White on virtually every type of wheel out there. I would buy this for my tire stores (21 of them) back in the day. It never caused us to replace wheels. That said, I have the feeling if this product were left to dwell on raw aluminum it could be a problem. As I said in the Chat Box, it has that same smell or feeling that Simple Green leaves you with and Simple Green will damage raw aluminum.

I would suggest being smart and just using it with ample water, keep it wet. I really like using this product along with some Ajax or Comet and a good stiff nylon brush. This combination will take care of the most difficult tire browning (also known as blooming) and leave you with that new tire look. A word of caution is in order. Bleche White is kind of nasty and not good to breathe. Ajax or Comet compound this problem, do it outside or in a well ventilated area.

I`ve tried a lot of cleaners and there are some that are easier to use, particularly on tires that just need a touch up but I haven`t found anything to clean any better than this combination on a really dirty/brown tire.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread Information