Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Gel for sure.
    I also really like Poorboy`s Natural Look
    Optimum Opti-Bond
    and TUFF SHINE Tire Clearcoat.

Favorite applictor would be TUFF SHINE`s.
    Love me some PERL! Also like Adams VRT for tires. Not sure which one I`m like liking the most though, that`s kind of tough. I have been using Adams Tire applicator but I want to try out a different one. It`s entirely too big.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuff Shine Tire Clear Coat and the Carrand Applicator Brush. If you use the Carrand Brush you can get it 100% clean, no slimy foam applicators laying about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psynx View Post
    PERL
    Opti bond
    Ultima Tire and trim

Brush i use mothers tire brush
    TUF shine tire brush
    sometimes my GG 3 inch with a yellow sponge pad
    My post was suppose to quote psynx, not Todd lol.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite tire dressing and tire brush

alright, so this weekend I applied the Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel to my tires with the Carrand Tire Brush. Optimum was a bit too glossy for my taste. I didnt realize it would be glossy until I read the freakin label after applying and it stated "High Gloss". Should I have used the foam applicator that it requested on label to take down some of the shine or is it just a glossy product? I was hoping for a more dark black matte finish. Which product would give me that look? That NEW tire look.

Post Thanks / Like

i still like megs #40 for tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantarange View Post
    alright, so this weekend I applied the Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel to my tires with the Carrand Tire Brush. Optimum was a bit too glossy for my taste. I didnt realize it would be glossy until I read the freakin label after applying and it stated "High Gloss". Should I have used the foam applicator that it requested on label to take down some of the shine or is it just a glossy product? I was hoping for a more dark black matte finish. Which product would give me that look? That NEW tire look.
    One or 2 coats of Tuff Shine leaves a very dark black look (not really glossy, more new tire). But, I understand that is not for everyone. The only other thing I`ve used that really gives a new tire non- gloss look is Poor Boy`s Natural Look. I found it really unique.

Post Thanks / Like

I really meant to update this a week ago. I take back everything bad I said about Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel. When I first applied it, I applied with the Carrand Tire Brush. It seemed very shiny. After a couple hours I went back and wiped tires with foam applicator. It smoothed out well and gave me that look I was looking for. I used it again this weekend on my wife car, using the foam tire applicator and I really liked it. So it seems to go on better with the foam pad better to me and maybe letting it dry down a hour or so. My tires have looked great for 2 weeks now.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a bottle of Meguiars Tire & Trim Gel 32 oz. to give it a shot and use the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators - 2 Pack . I have also used adam`s VRT. I just could not justify the price for adam`s when the meguiar`s dressing performs just as well. I am getting about 3-4 weeks out of 2 applications per tire to give them a little gloss but still looks like a new tire. One application gives a matte like look.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

For a matte or satin look, go with BF Total Eclipse Tire Gel. Love this stuff. One coat will get you a satin finish, but you can mute that down a little bit more to matte if you give it a wipe with a dry MF towel after about 5 minutes. For more of a glossy finish, you use 2 coats. Very versatile in that way. And it will last through a rain or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino Z16 imo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    My post was suppose to quote psynx, not Todd lol.
    You are allowed to quote me any time you would like.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually use just your standard paint brush with Bold and Bright Liquid in a coffee can or cut bottom of a gallon of something (lets call this the Ron method)

The 35`s on my truck are just so gnarly on the sides I can`t apply with any sort of foam or it rips to shreds after the first tire, not to mention it does not coat everywhere.

Other alternative is to spray it on but we all know why we don`t do that haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I have been on a water based dressing kick lately. I have been using:

Poorboys B and B
    Zaino Z16
    Car Pro PERL
    Those three plus Opti-Bond are the four go-to`s for me. However I`m liking PERL and Opti-Bond so much more over the other two lately that I probably won`t restock my Z16 or BnB when gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I had to touch this subject again. I have now been using the Optimum Opti Bond for a while now. I used a foam sponge to apply, tire brush, etc. It looks great when I get done but the next day.. not so much The tires look a little spotty the following day. LIke I need to do them again. Is this the experience most of you have? Do you normally apply more than once?

Post Thanks / Like

I like Duragloss 253. It is relatively cheap and durable. It leaves a very nice dark matte finish that makes the tires look like new without being too shiny.

It can also be used as a long lasting protectant on exterior plastics, vinyl and rubber. It drys to the touch and doesn`t run or sling. Its just a great all around product.

Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information