Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I really need help :(

Hey guys. I have joined this awesome forum in hopes I could get some help with my car. Long story short I had a minor accident with my car(black 2011 Mercedes E350 ), and decided to drop it off at a body shop. The dude said he could detail my car for 100 dollars, I said why not. Boy those were the worst hundred dollars I have ever spent. When I got my car back, there were heavy swirls everywhere, being 17 and as stupid as a was I decided to take it back to the shop and have them redo it. they did but it, but it just made it worse. from then I have tried to hide the swirls, and remove them. I tried the turtle wax black box system to kind of hide the swirls, but that did not do anything. then I tried the Maguire`s ultimate compound, that also did nothing. So now im stuck in a rut, my car looks horrible and I have no idea on how to fix it As im a newb at detailing cars. Anyway I hope that did not bore you guys, but im looking for advice on how to fix, or somewhat fix this. ANY advice is appreciated, thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I really need help :(

are you using a machine polisher or are you attempting the correction by hand ?

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First sorry this happen You need a dual action polish! I`d start with a Porter cable or Giorts garage. Then being your car has a very hard clear coat(benz paint) I`d get some megs MF cutting disc, and some white ccs polishing pads. For chemicals you cant really go wrong with the black fire duo of SRC Compound/Finishing polish. You need to wash and clay the vehicle first to strip old waxes off before polishing. Work in small sections (3x3) with the SRC compound till it turns clear. Repeat till you get desired correction(I can usually get 90% in 2 polishing cycles) After cars done switch to the white CCS pad and use SRC finishing polish to really brighten the paint up. Top that with Black wet diamond paint sealant. Sit back enjoy! Hope it helps!

Post Thanks / Like

You are 17 with a 2011 e350??
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

First... We need pictures.

We can`t tell you what the proper course of acton is until you show us how severe. Get a camera with a decent flash or high powered led flashlight an take a pic of the paint in a dimly lit area.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    are you using a machine polisher or are you attempting the correction by hand ?
    Hopefully by hand because im not really familiar with detailing machine`s :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    First sorry this happen You need a dual action polish! I`d start with a Porter cable or Giorts garage. Then being your car has a very hard clear coat(benz paint) I`d get some megs MF cutting disc, and some white ccs polishing pads. For chemicals you cant really go wrong with the black fire duo of SRC Compound/Finishing polish. You need to wash and clay the vehicle first to strip old waxes off before polishing. Work in small sections (3x3) with the SRC compound till it turns clear. Repeat till you get desired correction(I can usually get 90% in 2 polishing cycles) After cars done switch to the white CCS pad and use SRC finishing polish to really brighten the paint up. Top that with Black wet diamond paint sealant. Sit back enjoy! Hope it helps!
    thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it! I would prefer to do the job by hand because im not really familiar with DA or orbital buffers, detailing machines in general actually. Would this procedure work by hand?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by groebuck View Post
    You are 17 with a 2011 e350??
    HAHA no im currently 19, but yea I did get my car when I was 17!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    First... We need pictures.

We can`t tell you what the proper course of acton is until you show us how severe. Get a camera with a decent flash or high powered led flashlight an take a pic of the paint in a dimly lit area.
    will get pics, just cant do it tonight, got to get a essay done for my English 102 class that Is do tomorrow, but I will get pics up tomorrow for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

You are likely going to get very frustrated and likely be very disappointed by the results if you are trying to do this by hand. As Jsmooth said, very hard paint. If you aren`t comfortable trying a DA, then maybe someone in your area can help you out a bit. Either way you are going to spend some money to get this fixed. Unfortunately you learned, as so many do, "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of lower price is forgotten." -Ben Franklin(quote has been credited to multiple people.) Quality detailing takes time and thus, is not cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

By hand is very difficult if not impossible to schieve the results you see here by hand.

Where are you located? Perhaps someone locally can show you what is possible. or you could attend a detail day.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thenewbie View Post
    thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it! I would prefer to do the job by hand because im not really familiar with DA or orbital buffers, detailing machines in general actually. Would this procedure work by hand?
    Where are you located at? And by hand on a very hard benz clear is next to impossible... D/A is no rocket science to use and if your just careful I`m sure you would be fine. Other option is tell location and we can find someone local for you that knows what their doing! Probably gonna cost more than 100$ though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    Where are you located at? And by hand on a very hard benz clear is next to impossible... D/A is no rocket science to use and if your just careful I`m sure you would be fine. Other option is tell location and we can find someone local for you that knows what their doing! Probably gonna cost more than 100$ though.
    +1 My family has been Merc all the way. 7 of em later an the clear just seems to get harder an harder on each new one.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree View Post
    You are likely going to get very frustrated and likely be very disappointed by the results if you are trying to do this by hand. As Jsmooth said, very hard paint. If you aren`t comfortable trying a DA, then maybe someone in your area can help you out a bit. Either way you are going to spend some money to get this fixed. Unfortunately you learned, as so many do, "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of lower price is forgotten." -Ben Franklin(quote has been credited to multiple people.) Quality detailing takes time and thus, is not cheap.
    I have tried to look for a "detailer" in hesperia ( California) but there is no one around. :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    By hand is very difficult if not impossible to schieve the results you see here by hand.

Where are you located? Perhaps someone locally can show you what is possible. or you could attend a detail day.
    I`m located in hesperia, California. unfortunately for me there isn`t anyone in my area that does this kind of thing, the closest one I could find was a detailing place in OC :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information