Post Thanks / Like

Best Tire Cleaner Part 2 - Meguiar`s D101

I made a thread recently called perfect tire cleaner or best tire cleaner where I explain how I use D101 and why I think it`s the best tire cleaner out there.

There were a few comments in that thread I`d like to respond to in this video, not picking you two guys out or anything, but you guys had good responses that I think deserved another demonstration.

The main comment I`d like to address was using a dirtier tire which I certainly did this time around.

Hope you enjoy, video in link!!

Best Tire Cleaner Part 2 - Meguiar`s D101 - YouTube

Original Best Tire Cleaner video:

Best Tire Cleaner - Meguiar`s D101 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    My assertion is that D101 is great for cleaning dirty tires that are treated with PERL as shown in your video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post

Lastly the tire he`s working on isn`t really the best illustration, to show how well it works IMO. Sincerely if your going to show how well something can work, look for a tasty, dirty looking tire to show it off.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Tire Cleaner Part 2 - Meguiar`s D101

You didn`t describe the taste of the tire. How did the D101 affect the taste?

Lastly the tire he`s working on isn`t really the best illustration, to show how well it works IMO. Sincerely if your going to show how well something can work, look for a tasty, dirty looking tire to show it off.
    Do you realize the D101 works just as well when diluted 4 - 1 for tires?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the second review vid on this product. Does D101 lather up after scrubbing if used in a non-foaming trigger?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a link to where you got the sprayers from? I had found them a couple weeks ago and went back to order some today and am getting a product not found page.

Product Not Found

Post Thanks / Like

Not knocking Meg`s APC but after I seen your other video I wanted to try Meg`s D101 on my tires but I just could not see paying $16 plus $6 shipping to get it so I needed something I could get locally. We have a few auto parts stores that do carry some Meg`s products but living in a small town the choices are limited. I happened to stop into the Auto Value store to see when they had for APC`s. I come across Parts Master Power Cleaner, it is an APC for cleaning pretty much the same things as D101 at less than half the price. I was going to buy a spray bottle of the stuff just to try and that was about $3 the gallon jug next to it and no sprayer was about $7. With me trying different kinds of tire dressing and not finding anything good the tires were turning brown and not coming clean. I just used an empty 409 sprayer I had and the stuff works just as good as the D101 you show in your video. I used it straight and it could have been diluted for tires but why bother at $6 to $7 a gallon.

I guess what I am getting at is what you are considering the best tire cleaner is just your opinion and there are a lot of other APC out there for a lot less that do the same job. I think you need to revisit the title.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    Can you post a link to where you got the sprayers from? I had found them a couple weeks ago and went back to order some today and am getting a product not found page.

Product Not Found
    They are out of stock and according to them are in the process of developing better ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texinfin View Post
    They are out of stock and according to them are in the process of developing better ones.
    Thanks for the clarification. I`m in need of some good foaming sprayers but am not quite ready to start buying Kwazar bottles just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good video as usual. As soon as I get done with my gallon of Zep Ultra Purple and D103 I am going to have to try D101.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    Thanks for the second review vid on this product. Does D101 lather up after scrubbing if used in a non-foaming trigger?
    I believe it does!

Product Not Found
    What he said ^.

Thanks for the clarification. I`m in need of some good foaming sprayers but am not quite ready to start buying Kwazar bottles just yet.
    Kwazar are not foaming fyi
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    You didn`t describe the taste of the tire. How did the D101 affect the taste?

Do you realize the D101 works just as well when diluted 4 - 1 for tires?
    I`ve tried diluted and it worked well, but I will stick to undiluted.

Very good video as usual. As soon as I get done with my gallon of Zep Ultra Purple and D103 I am going to have to try D101.
    You bought the adam`s foaming sprayers right? Have you been using those with Zep and D103? How have you liked them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Not knocking Meg`s APC but after I seen your other video I wanted to try Meg`s D101 on my tires but I just could not see paying $16 plus $6 shipping to get it so I needed something I could get locally. We have a few auto parts stores that do carry some Meg`s products but living in a small town the choices are limited. I happened to stop into the Auto Value store to see when they had for APC`s. I come across Parts Master Power Cleaner, it is an APC for cleaning pretty much the same things as D101 at less than half the price. I was going to buy a spray bottle of the stuff just to try and that was about $3 the gallon jug next to it and no sprayer was about $7. With me trying different kinds of tire dressing and not finding anything good the tires were turning brown and not coming clean. I just used an empty 409 sprayer I had and the stuff works just as good as the D101 you show in your video. I used it straight and it could have been diluted for tires but why bother at $6 to $7 a gallon.

I guess what I am getting at is what you are considering the best tire cleaner is just your opinion and there are a lot of other APC out there for a lot less that do the same job. I think you need to revisit the title.

Dean.
    Certainly it is my opinion on best tire cleaner. I have never said that it was anything other than that. In fact, if you look at the first thread I made on this, I said in the opening sentences that best or perfect is simply an opinion and this one is mine

In the end, you just have to use what makes you happy I`m glad you found a local option that does just that

Post Thanks / Like

megs D101 is great stuff and i use it around the house too. just ordered another gallon.
    great reviews roshan. !

Thread Information