Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool I`ll check it out and try some out.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know if this has been mentioned but the bars have been reformulated and do work better than before. It`s up to you to give it another chance. Before it starts, I`m not a fan boy but the customer service at Meguiar`s is pretty good and attentive to problems like this. I`d give them a call if you still have some of that old clay and see what they might do for you. WE have to complain or they don`t know if/how many problems there are with their products. My 2 pennies...
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    i called megs and they promptly sent me a blue bar ..the new one .. customer service was great but the product was not .,this bar is junk also
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bigron62
    i called megs and they promptly sent me a blue bar ..the new one .. customer service was great but the product was not .,this bar is junk also
    What didn`t you like about it?

I`ll pass your feedback on to the team that is responsible for selecting that particular clay?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

Click on a book to get your own copy.

Post Thanks / Like
    its very grabby , leaves alot of residue on paint and everything it picks up wants to scratch the rest of the paint . this is about the blue bar ..the original one i got was yellow it was also garbage . too mushy and sticky . i wont ever buy megs bars again. my customers pay good money for claybar cleaning and i spend considerable time and effort doing it to achieve the best finished product possible. i wont waste my time or money on megs products again ...
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad bigron, your missing out on a great product. We do many high end cars and now use Meguiars clay bars exclusivly. We use the NEW blue and red bars. I don`t use them because it has a Meguiars name on it. I use them because I am in this to make money (we grossed almost $8,000 in April) and they work. They clean quicker and leave the finsh smoother than any other bar we tried. And they are very user friendly.

Here are a few cars detail with 100% Meguiars products -

The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another funny thing is that I am getting Megs clay for $2.00 cheaper than what I was using before.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice work .. ive tried many of there products and never got exceptional results .. i didnt start this thread to slam them ..i wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience with there clay bars and several have.. im sure if i was around someone who uses there professional line like you i would learn how to get great results . ive tried many of there consumer products and i get much better results from p&s products and the guy comes to my door .. thanx for the reply
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bigron62
    its very grabby , leaves alot of residue on paint and everything it picks up wants to scratch the rest of the paint . this is about the blue bar ..the original one i got was yellow it was also garbage . too mushy and sticky . i wont ever buy megs bars again. my customers pay good money for claybar cleaning and i spend considerable time and effort doing it to achieve the best finished product possible. i wont waste my time or money on megs products again ...
    One of the reasons we replaced the clay bars in our system was because of feedback like yours.

We do appreciate your feedback.

The new clay bars are dramatically better, I demonstrate them each Saturday at our Saturday Detailing Clinics.

He Superior Shine... stellar results as usual...
    Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t count out an entire manufactuer just because of one product. I wasn`t the biggest fan of Meguiar`s Clay either, but that doesn`t mean I`m going to pour my DACP down the drain and never touch my #26 again. The clay is the only thing in the entire Meguiar`s line that has ever disappointed me. I haven`t used it lately, but I`m willing to give it another chance if they have improved the quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new clay bars are dramatically better, I demonstrate them each Saturday at our Saturday Detailing Clinics

Where do you have these?:wait

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jason rawls
    I just got the Pinnacle clay kit in the mail and used it the other day - worked pretty good
    Was this the PolyClay Kit? If so, I was wondering how it did?

I need to replace my Clay Magic and didn`t want to waste money on the man-made polymers if they don`t perform as well as the traditional clay bars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Zman
    The new clay bars are dramatically better, I demonstrate them each Saturday at our Saturday Detailing Clinics

Where do you have these?:wait

Read the sticky in this forum,

Detail Days at Meguiar`s

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nick49bear
    Was this the PolyClay Kit? If so, I was wondering how it did?

I need to replace my Clay Magic and didn`t want to waste money on the man-made polymers if they don`t perform as well as the traditional clay bars.
    I give Pinnacle Poly Clay a big Boo and a Hiss. That stuff was not good when I used it. I got it as part of a kit I think. Anyway, it saturates quickly if you use too much QD or if you have water on the surface. I use standing water on the surface after rinsing to aid in lubrication when I clay. I have no use for a product that has the consistancy of Ectoplasm when it gets wet. Its just not very good clay. I was much happier with Clay Magic and just about every other clay that I tried than I was with Pinnacle`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I was going to get my kids clay from the play room :O) now I know it`s a lot work. I have a 2001 HD 4X4 and get`s dirty when were out in the desert. Would I need to clay more because it`s more in the dirt?

I don`t think I did any work today. Reading so much info..

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information