Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing + listening to music?

when you guys detail, do you listen to music? do you have the cd player on as you use the PC? i was just thinking, it could be a good idea, to make time go by faster..
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup usually run my cd or the radio as I detail. Helps make the heat go away too. No PC yet, it would sound pretty though. :-p

Post Thanks / Like
    nono, i meant as you use the porter cable, to filter out the sound that it makes, you could sorta blast your cd player

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    :dunno I have no clue what this thread is about now. I`m just crazy :mohawk :lol

--
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can get noise canceling headphones. Those would do what you want and you wouldnt have to crank up the volume much. There are the over the ear headphone style, and ones that work more like ear plugs.

As for me, ive only listened to music a couple times while detailing (with a cd player / headphones). The music was nice, but I didnt like the cord getting in the way / having to have the cd player on you. I would really enjoy using wireless headphones though.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to listen to music but I don`t any more. I have enough entertainment in head to keep me amused.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    I play the radio or t a cd when i wash the car i cant wait to dry it so i could put the windows down and play some music
    My biggest challenge is trying not to wash my car. Is that a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I listen to music whenever I`m not washing or using the PC. I don`t so much find that it makes work go faster as just makes it a lot more pleasant - I actually look forward to sunny afternoons in my driveway with a bottle of EX, listening to music. Just roll down the windows and crank it up. Doesn`t get much better than that.

As far as music with the PC, I tried it, but the PC drowned it out too much. I actually tried using those earmuff type things for powertools when I use my PC. The sound of the PC isn`t exactly overwhelming, but with the earmuffs on its barely anything. Something to try if the PC noise irritates you a lot.

What combo to use next? jeff2417's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rabbi
    I used to listen to music but I don`t any more. I have enough entertainment in head to keep me amused.

LMFAO
    Sure, it`s shiny, but how smooth is it, and how does it look in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a radio on all the time and listen to the local jazz or country stations. Its mainly for noise more than anything
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Also ZESTY

Your gril will not make it to the finals she should have been booted this last week. I`m no longer watching American Idiol its not about the talent you can see that by the way the votes are going. I`d also be willing to bet this is the last season for the show!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diana DeGarmo will be the next American Idol.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Also ZESTY

Your gril will not make it to the finals she should have been booted this last week. I`m no longer watching American Idiol its not about the talent you can see that by the way the votes are going. I`d also be willing to bet this is the last season for the show!
    As much as I agree with you I hate to say that based on the way that things have gone, that`s not a safe statement. Phone plugging from our most western state has helped her see her way to the next week and will probably help her to the finals. "America" has gotten this ALL wrong!! When I saw Latoya up for the axing, my heart sank! As I have said before, AI hasn`t produced a SINGLE star yet!!

Back to the topic, I use my iPod when I detail and it makes the time fly!!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Also ZESTY

booo!!!!!!

anyways, getting back on topic, im thinkin of maybe getting something like these products. i figure, i can use it both for detailing cars and working out, possibly even tennis, but my coach would probably end up killing me if he saw me wearing those...
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=12%2D932
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=12%2D933

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I hate RadioShack stuff, its weak and quality is ridiculously bad! I would only buy cheap stuff up to 10 dollars, after that I rather just order online.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information