Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My Perfect Tire Cleaner

Whenever someone says perfect anything, I cringe. There is no such thing as a perfect detailing product.

However, this video shows a tire cleaner that is perfect for me. It is both cheap and very very effective.

Video and details in link, hope you enjoy!

Perfect Tire Cleaner - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Perfect Tire Cleaner

Awesome! I`m gonna have to give this a try. Can`t really go wrong with $16/gal. Right now I`m using OPC 1:2 for my tires and don`t like that it doesn`t foam up.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! I have been on the hunt for a good tire cleaner as well. I have been using the APC+ but it just wasn`t cleaned of the bloom (brown residue) from the tires.
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page
    Likes jtford95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using PB APC for years on tires and have no issues with getting them clean.PB APC is a detergent based cleaner.

The guy in this video is using an APC, and I`d bet it`s a chemical based cleaner like 409, Simple Green, Purple Power, etc, those are typically very cheap cleaners in cost. That type of cleaner is OK for somethings but very harsh on rubber.

The nozzle is a foaming style sprayer and why it foams on the application

Lastly the tire he`s working on isn`t really the best illustration, to show how well it works IMO. Sincerely if your going to show how well something can work, look for a tasty, dirty looking tire to show it off.

I guess in the end I don`t see any remarkable product or process here.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I`ve been using PB APC for years on tires and have no issues with getting them clean.PB APC is a detergent based cleaner.

The guy in this video is using an APC, and I`d bet it`s a chemical based cleaner like 409, Simple Green, Purple Power, etc, those are typically very cheap cleaners in cost. That type of cleaner is OK for somethings but very harsh on rubber.

The nozzle is a foaming style sprayer and why it foams on the application

Lastly the tire he`s working on isn`t really the best illustration, to show how well it works IMO. Sincerely if your going to show how well something can work, look for a tasty, dirty looking tire to show it off.

I guess in the end I don`t see any remarkable product or process here.
    It`s Meguiar`s D101 not some cheap otc APC.

Also, my tire was somewhat clean AND STILL look at how much crud the stuff pulled off.

As for the nozzle, OPC is a low foaming APC and when I use it with the same sprayer, it does not foam up very well at all and the foam does not last.

But give me a few hours and I`ll give you a video you can`t complain about

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used APC+ for years and it`s not a foaming product unless dispensed through a foam head, which only works half the time. If you want it to foam up more, add a tablespoon of car wash soap to the 4:1 dilution. Foaming has convinced many that it`s the best way to clean, but I don`t believe an APC has to foam to work well. Foaming keeps it in place longer. Brush scrubbing agitation seems to make the difference, not the foam.

Tuff Shine is harsh, but it will definitely out perform most APC tire cleaners.

I`m just glad it wasn`t ARO.
    That stuff has never worked for me.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used the Adam`s but prefer Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew - foaming, WOWO. It works on tire brown (my challenge more than just dirt) and perfect for rinseless wash process.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    It`s Meguiar`s D101 not some cheap otc APC.

Also, my tire was somewhat clean AND STILL look at how much crud the stuff pulled off.

As for the nozzle, OPC is a low foaming APC and when I use it with the same sprayer, it does not foam up very well at all and the foam does not last.

But give me a few hours and I`ll give you a video you can`t complain about
    By it`s own description it an all around, all purpose cleaner (APC), at about 16 bucks a gallon. I`m not saying it`s not a good cleaner, but it`s certainly a lower end APC from a cost stand point. Especially if you factor in the dilution ratio.

Addressing the amount of crud that came off of the tire. Even fairly clean tires will produce that, why? perhaps its old tire dressing, essential oils that reside in tires, the APC reacts and pulls those oils to the surface well it dwells (that`s the part that makes the tire turn brown)

I`m not bagging on your video...(really I didn`t know that was you to start with) but cleaning a rubber tire is not rocket science, cleaners that are marketed as tires cleaners are more APC than anything. At least that`s been my finding in the couple years I have in detailing.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video Roshan. I like the down/up application to ensure the entire tire is covered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    give me a few hours and I`ll give you a video you can`t complain about

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    By it`s own description it an all around, all purpose cleaner (APC), at about 16 bucks a gallon. I`m not saying it`s not a good cleaner, but it`s certainly a lower end APC from a cost stand point. Especially if you factor in the dilution ratio.

Addressing the amount of crud that came off of the tire. Even fairly clean tires will produce that, why? perhaps its old tire dressing, essential oils that reside in tires, the APC reacts and pulls those oils to the surface well it dwells (that`s the part that makes the tire turn brown)

I`m not bagging on your video...(really I didn`t know that was you to start with) but cleaning a rubber tire is not rocket science, cleaners that are marketed as tires cleaners are more APC than anything. At least that`s been my finding in the couple years I have in detailing.
    Cool, I didn`t think you were bagging on my video actually, but you did bring up a good point. I can get a dirtier tire and show this video with a more dramatic turnaround.

I think that tire cleaners act very much like APC as well and wouldn`t be surprised if there is not much different.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s APC has been my go to for tires along with pad and applicator cleaning for a while since I hadn`t found anything better. I think it may be the product I use the most quantity of since I always have pads and applicators to clean. So a cheaper option that works as well sure couldn`t hurt. Have you tried the D101 on pads or applicators to remove polishes, waxes, dressings etc from them? I`m curious if it does that task as well as Adam`s does since it seems to clean tires just as well.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting.

my quest also is to find a good wheel & tire cleaner in bulk. have you used this on the wheels?

currently the best AIO i have used is MEGUIARS ALL WHEEL & TIRE CLEANER. followed by MOTHERS WHEEL & TIRE CLEANER.

i have been currently playing around with MEGS APC + (ORANGE) with mixed results. i just dont find it a effective wheel & tire cleaner. mixed 4:1 is way to weak to me. i am still playing around with it. i added the big blaster foamer trigger last weekend. MEH....its ok. it does foam the product, but not what i expected. i have the MEGS APC + mixed 1:3 parts apc in a bottle ready to go this weekend. going to see if the stronger mix makes a difference in the cleaning ability.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Well the dramatic turnaround video will have to wait. There was 1 tire on my gfs car that was brown as hell. It was dirty and nasty and PERFECT!

Naturally, guess what happened.

As I was about to end the recording, I hit the camera it fell and I lost the video.

If anyone knows how to convert a temp video file to a normal video file, I would love to know how. About 45 minutes of searching led to nothing.

:/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information