Thread: Best Scent

Post Thanks / Like

Best Scent

Thought i would post a quick thread about what the best scent is you have tried (in your car or customers car) and what ones have lasted the longest. Chemical guys watermelon scent sounds good, so does the honey dew but havent tried any personally yet. What are your opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Scent

CG Stripper Scent FTW!!! Their Mango Cello is great as well if you like fruity smells. There`s a thread somewhere on here about using the reed diffuser sticks to increase the duration of the scents.

Edit - http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...resheners.html

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I remove all the dirt, etc., out of my Client`s vehicle Interiors, so the only scent left is a Clean Scent and the natural scents of their Leather interior..

I hate those little trees, etc., junk that makes your eyes water and kills your sense of smell.

If I find them in a vehicle, I put them in a good sealing plastic bag/s and return them to the Owner that way..

Long ago I understood that any scented stuff is there because you want to mask the smell of something else. So why not get to the source of the smell you don`t like, and eliminate it instead?

Some of the better products out there will have a little scent to them that dissipates in 24 hours, etc., and those are nice too.

A really nice one that used to be sold was Einszett Cockpit Classic in a spray can. It was made for "Interior Fittings"- all the plastic parts. Anti Static, dust control, satin finish.
    Think the only place you can find this if any, is Einszett in Austin Texas..

Good luck with your scent research !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Stripper Scent gets my vote as well. Leather Scent would be my 2nd choice. Depends on the customer which one I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Stripper Scent, close second CG So Fast Odor Neutralizer Green Apple Scent, so delicious! My fiance loves stripper scent in her car, if I told her the name not sure how she`d take it lol....

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have one since I do not use them much but stripper scent is not one of them. I prefer the leather like scents in some of the protecants. I have tried PB`s Cherry scent and does work well.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I have recently been using CarPro So2Pure Air Purifying Coating. It has a neutral smell and odor removing properties.

I also like Poorboy’s World Air Freshener – Leather (smells like John Wayne cologne). I`m not big of the fru-fru smells

Post Thanks / Like

i havent founda scentthat i can stick to. ozium works fine for most of mycustomers ,but it is pretty strong if used too much

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Stripper scent doesn`t last long enough, will keep an eye on this thread for some choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, a lot of good ideas. I agree Stokdgs the main thing is to clean the vehicle not cover the smell that could possibly be there. I know my car is clean but sometimes its nice to have some kind of scent in the vehicle, there are many factors as to why someone would want a scent or not want one. Its all personal opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the smell of vanilla but don`t like it when it`s so overpowering. I have a Grand Cherokee and usually throw about three dryer sheets in the back cargo area and take three vanilla trees and wrap them in dryer sheets and place them under the seats. I staple the sheets around the trees to completely keep them covered. The sheets keep the vanilla from overpowering the interior and they last a hell of a lot longer this way. You`ll have to try different sheets to see which you prefer, but it`s an inexpensive solution for long lasting interior scent.
    Lately I have been using the potpourri cylinders sold at Yankee Candle (http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/1...ontent=Default) for a little added scent that`s also long lasting and light. It lingers towards the rear but when you open the windows it flows through the car. One for me works very well.
    My car is new but not new enough that the new car smell is still there and I happen to like a light, clean and fresh scent with a little hint of something pleasant. I DO NOT like overpowering scents and what I use varies is strength depending on how hot the interior is and how much I have the windows open when I drive but it is never overpowering. For those that only want a fresh, clean scent, then try the dryer sheets alone under the seats or placed inconspicuously where you can.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish Optimum made an air freshener that smells just like their shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I wish Optimum made an air freshener that smells just like their shampoo.
    I was in an country store (Amish theme) and saw some blueberry candy sticks. They sure tasted a lot like Optimum smells.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Stripper Scent,

Thread Information