Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

Hey guys, this is the sixth episode in a series of videos I`m making called Thrifty vs Fifty.

Essentially I`m comparing two products that can do the same function: one with a low price tag and the other with a high one... and to see if the added price is worth it. Hence, the thrifty vs fifty.

I`m not just going around finding the cheapest and most expensive options out there and comparing them. In my eyes, that comparison would be useless. I am comparing two products that people on forums have highly recommended for a certain task and then if they have big enough different price points, making a video comparison.

Today`s episode is on glass cleaners.

Meguiar`s D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Invisible Glass Cleaner!

Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6 - YouTube

Hope you enjoy!

P.S. I`m going to be taking a hiatus for a week from the May Reviews Challenge as I won`t be in Gainesville to make any videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

can`t go wrong with megs. i use it inside the house also and it is safe on window tint too.
    almost a grape like scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

I have a problem ordering things online......

I ORDER TOOOOO MUCH

Great vid, thanks
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Vid Roshen!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video.

I have tried a number of glass cleaners and the difference is more related to ability to buff off streak free with minimal effort than cleaning. A factor is also the sprayer itself. I prefer a fine mist. The last time I tried Stoners it tended to be run on vertical surfaces. It also had an alcohol smell (not necessarily negative). The Meg`s grape scent is special. There are many it`s equal but the cost is very attractive. Where I see big differences is in the non-alcohol based ones where streak free results varies more. I found the Meg`s in an empty DP sprayer bottle worked great.

I also use a two towel method but Is used one for the clean pass and then a waffle weave for the drying pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    P.S. I`m going to be taking a hiatus for a week from the May Reviews Challenge as I won`t be in Gainesville to make any videos.
    No road show in Florida somewhere?

Al
    The Need to Bead

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Have tried a few including both in your query.

Found Invisible Glass to be too fussy and not always streak-free on some glass, while Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate to be very predictable, streak-free, and has a nice scent. You can make it as strong as you like and it still wipes clean easily and has not ever disappointed me.
    I know, the Invisible Glass, RainX, etc., on sale at Target, etc.., hard to ignore, and actually works pretty good albiet more fussy and you need to wipe longer and look at it..

In a business though, I want to get in, do a perfect job, and get out, as fast as possible..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Nice video.

I have tried a number of glass cleaners and the difference is more related to ability to buff off streak free with minimal effort than cleaning. A factor is also the sprayer itself. I prefer a fine mist. The last time I tried Stoners it tended to be run on vertical surfaces. It also had an alcohol smell (not necessarily negative). The Meg`s grape scent is special. There are many it`s equal but the cost is very attractive. Where I see big differences is in the non-alcohol based ones where streak free results varies more. I found the Meg`s in an empty DP sprayer bottle worked great.

I also use a two towel method but Is used one for the clean pass and then a waffle weave for the drying pass.

No road show in Florida somewhere?
    I actually found the invisible glass cleaner spray bottle to be better than my own for light fine mists. What I like to do is to just transfer over into the spray bottle. Using both of these products, I haven`t had issues with buffing or streaking, but I remember using the invisible glass with repellant and I got streaking issues.

And actually I`m sans car and detailing supplies for a bit. My dad needs an extra set of hands in his practice in Tampa so I`m there to help him out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    can`t go wrong with megs. i use it inside the house also and it is safe on window tint too.
    almost a grape like scent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I have a problem ordering things online......

I ORDER TOOOOO MUCH

Great vid, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    Nice Vid Roshen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Have tried a few including both in your query.

Found Invisible Glass to be too fussy and not always streak-free on some glass, while Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate to be very predictable, streak-free, and has a nice scent. You can make it as strong as you like and it still wipes clean easily and has not ever disappointed me.
    I know, the Invisible Glass, RainX, etc., on sale at Target, etc.., hard to ignore, and actually works pretty good albiet more fussy and you need to wipe longer and look at it..

In a business though, I want to get in, do a perfect job, and get out, as fast as possible..
    Dan F
    Thanks for watching guys

Post Thanks / Like

I love Megs glass cleaner.

I remember twice detailing cars and running out of glass cleaner before I knew of and ordered the gallon of megs. I had to run to my local auto parts store and pay $7 for invisible glass.

For $20 I now have a lifetime supply of glass cleaner and the 3 invisible glass bottles filled with megs glass cleaner

Nice smell works great and is dirt cheap

On a side note I have multiple glass MF but I still use crumbled newspaper haven`t found a glass towel yet that beats it

Thread Information