Post Thanks / Like

Scratch-X and SSR...

I really like the way SSR1 works and looks. I also have a tube of Scratch-X that is almost full,and was wanting to know how it compares to the abrasiveness of SSR1...or is it more like SSR2?
    I know a direct comparison may not be great but I was just curious. I want to use the Scratch-X but am not sure if it should be used in the same context as SSR1 or maybe it should precede SSR1. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    SpaceAce...Welcome to DC!
    Scratch X was designed to be applied by hand for spot areas. I have not heard or seen anyone using it for the entire car. It is a bit more abrasive for hand use. However, the Meguiar`s line does have the #83 DACP which would rate closer to SSR2.5, followed by #82 Swirl Free Polish which is closer to SSR1. The Meguiar`s products use diminishing abrasives which will start out abrassive and then breakdown turning into a polish.

All these products are excellent, whether you chosse Poorboy`s or Meguiar`s is a matter of choice. Like many other members, I couldn`t make up my mind, so I got them both! However, you can work the Poorboy`s products in the sun. Always work Meguiar`s product in the shade.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I stand corrected...
    In fact, after speaking with Mike Phillips at Meguiar`s, Scratch X can be used on the entire application of the automobile. Since it is designed for hand use, the product should be worked in well.
    I have used it in the past on spot areas and it has performed with excellent results.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Thread Information