Post Thanks / Like

Opticoat Beading and Sheeting After 5 Months vs No Opticoat

The video show the beading and sheeting of 5 month old opticoat vs no opticoat.

Opticoat Beading and Sheeting after 5 months - YouTube

Hope you enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opticoat Beading and Sheeting After 5 Months vs No Opticoat

Thanks for the video.Maybe just me but I couldnt see a thing from the video but I take your word for it.

Why are you polishing the OC off?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Thanks for the video.Maybe just me but I couldnt see a thing from the video but I take your word for it.
    I had difficulty as well. The end where you showed the sheeting I was able to tell a little by how was fast the water was flowing down but I had to rewind it a couple times. I also wasn`t using fullscreen or HD.

Either way thanks for the vids you post. I`m a visual learner at times so videos always help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post

Why are you polishing the OC off?
    I was afraid of that happening and tried my best to avoid it. Try watching on a desktop, full screen, and HD and I think that will help

3 reasons:

1) Although my car is my DD, I love keeping it as perfect as I can. That means spot polishing whenever needed and full polish session plans for once or twice a year. I thought with opticoat that I wouldn`t have any more faint swirls or scratches, but even with opticoat, no true daily driver can stay swirl free for long. So I`m polishing it.

2) I find waxing my car therapeutic and relaxing. Originally I thought I wouldn`t miss waxing, but I do. And although I could wax over the OC, it just doesn`t feel the same to me.

3) I want to do tests of products on my car! I can`t do any sealant or wax test with opticoat on it lol

So yeah, kind of weird reasons to get rid of a perfectly good opticoat, but then again I`m kind of weird

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    I had difficulty as well. The end where you showed the sheeting I was able to tell a little by how was fast the water was flowing down but I had to rewind it a couple times. I also wasn`t using fullscreen or HD.

Either way thanks for the vids you post. I`m a visual learner at times so videos always help.
    Yeah, as above, I tried to avoid it getting hard to see but unfortunately it doesn`t look as clear as I wanted it to.

If you do try full screen and HD, I think you will notice a difference.

I`m a visual learner too so making videos is only natural for me Thanks for watching!

Post Thanks / Like

OC is more suitable to people that have no desire to maintain their cars other than run it though a car wash. It`s really not for car nuts in my opinion.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I was afraid of that happening and tried my best to avoid it. Try watching on a desktop, full screen, and HD and I think that will help

3 reasons:

1) Although my car is my DD, I love keeping it as perfect as I can. That means spot polishing whenever needed and full polish session plans for once or twice a year. I thought with opticoat that I wouldn`t have any more faint swirls or scratches, but even with opticoat, no true daily driver can stay swirl free for long. So I`m polishing it.

!
    this is why I don`t use it on my car. I`ve done a few for people who absolutely want no part of taking care of a car. It`s perfect for that. But it still swirls and scratches with bad care...maybe a little less, but I`ll always polish my stuff with a menzerna type 4500 product to get it pristine before I seal...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Thread Information