Post Thanks / Like

Here`s my plan...help!

Need to eliminate some self induced minor scratches on my car. As a newbie I didn`t figure out that WW drying towels do not last forever and apparently put the scratches in there myself all over the car. While the scratches are not noticeable in the shade, I know they`re there and it drives me nuts.

I have a PC7424XP and LC 5.5 inch red, white, black, blue and orange pads. The only product I have is M105, M205 and Surf City Carnauba Paste Wax.

My plan is to start with 205 with a white pad then orange. If that doesn`t work then 105 with white then orange. I`m very leery about the 105 as it appears to a fairly aggressive cut. Of course this is after a wash.

The car is a black 2007 Jag XK and I have absolutely no idea if it the paint is hard or soft and what that means.

Any suggestions, tips or guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here`s my plan...help!

your plan sounds good with doing a test of the least aggressive first.. the only extras i can see are a two bucket wash to avoid imparting any more swirls or scratches and a good claying of the surface to remove contaminants. of course, good microfiber towels are a must. black vehicles are definitely a work in progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here`s my plan...help!

Scratches can come from a variety of sources during the wash process so you need examine your entire process. Wash mitts probably wear out faster than a drying towel.

You can add a drying aid such a detail spray to help reduce drying induced swirls. The first step is to sheet as much water as possible then remove remaining with the towel or get a blower such as the Master Blaster so you are touching the paint as little as possible.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information