Post Thanks / Like

My first try at a rinseless wash.

Not really a review since it has been done but just my first attempt at a rinseless wash. Even though it was just over the 40F mark I am just not comfortable breaking out the buckets and hose at this temp, plus I like being comfortable and like wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt. Less chance of my belt buckle or something marring the paint when doing the roof, hood and glass. So I fired up the space heater and thought I needed a practice run for the rinseless for when it gets real cold.

2 Eurow double density MF towels for washing, 1 Meguiars WW water magnet, 3 CG Monster 550 towels for final buffing and using 3 gallons of water and 1 1/2 oz of:

2 BM:

Before washing:

Pre-soak, Of the 3 gallons of rinseless wash I took an empty 32oz spray bottle and filled it from the pail so I could soak the panel prior to cleaning them especially the vertical ones.

End results (please forgive me on the photos. pictures were taken inside after dark and the lighting inside the garage is not the best and to top it off the car is black of course and the following were the only 2 good photos I could capture):

I have nothing to compare this rinseless wash to as it is the first one I have used. It has a bubble gum scent in concentrate form but not so noticeable when mixed. Although it did an excellent job on the horizontal panels due to them being fairly clean the vertical panels in the photos were tedious because I had to be extra careful not to drag the grit across the paint. Since I don`t have the best lighting in my garage I noticed some grime streaks around the wheel well lips when I was done. I think I should have just taken it to the car wash and rinsed it first but have to drive 10 miles one way or 15 the other to get to a car wash and then maybe did this process. One will have to see with practice. I am just trying to get a procedure down for when it gets really cold here.

I`m open to comments and suggestions. Thanks for looking.

Dean.
    Dean.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My first try at a rinseless wash.

Great job there Dean, the more you practice the better you get at it and the more you will be using it this winter. Sometimes when you car is very dirty it would be good you rinse it off at a coin wash before using any rinse less product IMO.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, Dean!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Dean!!

Of all the rinseless products I`ve tried DP Wash & Gloss is my favorite. It`s works well and leaves the finish sparkling clean and shinny. When I mix a batch I like to use warm to hot water. This not only warms my gloved hands but also the panel making it easier to dissolve dirt and grime and makes it easier to dry.....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

the hot rinseless will definitely be a salvation in the arctic weather to come. dp rinseless wash & gloss is one of my favorites too. it can also be used as a clay lubricant, a quick detailer, and a water conditioner for regular bucket washes. good stuff !

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations !

The first rinseless will likely be the one you remember. It breaks the psychological barrier
    and no your car did not get trashed.

The true evaluation of your work is just looking at your drying towel. It should not have any dirt. I like mitts because I can control the pressure better (light pressure on initial wipe, flip, then a second pass to be sure it is clean.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job.

I have been using Rinseless more and more lately. Especially after watch a few of Mikes (mjlinane) videos and getting my process down. I think I will be doing very well in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job man!
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Great job there Dean, the more you practice the better you get at it and the more you will be using it this winter. Sometimes when you car is very dirty it would be good you rinse it off at a coin wash before using any rinse less product IMO.
    Thanks. I think the plan is to rinse when it looks like that at least then I can get the grit off without worrying about it ending up on the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Great job, Dean!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Nice review Dean!!

Of all the rinseless products I`ve tried DP Wash & Gloss is my favorite. It`s works well and leaves the finish sparkling clean and shinny. When I mix a batch I like to use warm to hot water. This not only warms my gloved hands but also the panel making it easier to dissolve dirt and grime and makes it easier to dry.....
    Thanks.

I did use warm water. I think spraying down the surface on a section a few minutes before wiping it with the solution helped a lot. I got that from one of the rinseless videos I watched.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    the hot rinseless will definitely be a salvation in the arctic weather to come. dp rinseless wash & gloss is one of my favorites too. it can also be used as a clay lubricant, a quick detailer, and a water conditioner for regular bucket washes. good stuff !
    Hot water sure helps but the bad thing is it seems like when it gets colder iI am going to have a harder time getting the surface temp of the car up. I like the idea this stuff has multiple uses and since my water here is so hard I think I will be adding it to my regular wash routine in the summer as a water conditioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Congratulations !

The first rinseless will likely be the one you remember. It breaks the psychological barrier
    and no your car did not get trashed.

Thanks.

The true evaluation of your work is just looking at your drying towel. It should not have any dirt. I like mitts because I can control the pressure better (light pressure on initial wipe, flip, then a second pass to be sure it is clean.
    I normally use a mitt but liked the idea of the MF towel since I could fold it up and when going across on first pass I rolled the towel in an upward fashion so it would pull the grime off then flip or fold to clean part and make the pass again. Those double density towels really hold a lot of solution, actually a little too much but they seemed to work great. the only dark spot on my drying towel is where I touched the tire by mistake, I was able to fold it in.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Nice job.

I have been using Rinseless more and more lately. Especially after watch a few of Mikes (mjlinane) videos and getting my process down. I think I will be doing very well in the winter.
    Thanks.

It may have been one of mjlinane videos that I watched where I got the idea of using a spray bottle to wet down the panels first. The video I seen the person was using one of those pressurized spray bottles and thinking I might have to get me one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Great job man!
    Thanks.
    Dean.

Thread Information