Post Thanks / Like

a few questions...

Last week I wash and applied Poorboy`s Black Hole and Collinite 845 as a LSP.

So mid-week I decided to use some ONR in QD dilution 16:1.
    It was kind of like a waterless wash with MF towels and I think I got most of the dirt off. Is it a good idea to use a spray wax like Aquawax on top of it or should I just do a rinseless wash and then top of with Aquawax?

Not sure if I was inducing more scratches or swirls when I was using the ONR quick detailer. The towel didn`t really glide across the paint. It was like 6 degrees Celsius yesterday when I was using it. Not sure if that makes a difference. What is the proper way to use a quick detailer in this kind of weather?

Before all this I did use Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba Wax with my PC 7427XP and a white pad to try to polish out the swirls. Only problem was I only had two LC white pads and didn`t really know how to clean it. I didn`t realize I can clean it with compressed air until recently though. So it`s now sitting in a bucket with some dawn soap. I took a pad brush yesterday and tried to clean all the gunk but I was wondering if there is another effective way of cleaning the pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a few questions...

I personally would not use a QD to clean a car. I really only use them post wash as a drying aid. If you want to use a QD type wash I would look at a waterless wash product like Blackfire, Ultima. So in my personal opinion and experience I would go with a rinseless wash and the top with Aquawax.

You are cleaning the pads the best way you can. You can clean them on the fly if you wrap a MF towel around something stiff like a roll of tape and then press it against the pad face flat and run the machine on low to agitate the face of the pad. I would clean the pad on the fly like this after each panel or so.

On a side note.
    I and many others have noticed that for some reason ONR washing seams to degrade Colli 845, making the durability much less than the 6 months some and even I have gotten. Just watch your LSP as you use ONR and top it up when needed. That I know of no one has found a reason or solution to this problem it is just a weird coincidence.

Post Thanks / Like

the cold might have something to do with it. i have pretty much stopped using quick detailers with the advent of some very good rinseless and waterless products like Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba and Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba. they offer more protection while cleaning and still leave a nice carnauba gloss finish. when it`s cold, saving a few steps is good.
    my white lc pads are hard to get back to that bright white once you`ve used them a few times. i still like using Snappy Clean Pad Cleaning Powder 3 Pack as a pad cleaner. sometimes a toss in the washer can help. http://www.autopia-carcare.com/megui...ing-brush.html is a big help while working the pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve also heard that ONR degrades Collinite 845 but I thought the new v3 ONR fixed that. That`s just based on what I have read.

I just placed an another order for detailing products. I need to slow down on my spending. I though with ONR I wouldn`t need a waterless wash.

Just checked my detailing supplies and surprised I have two bottles of BF waterless wash concentrate I picked up on BOGO a couple of months ago

Post Thanks / Like

The newest version of ONR might have fixed that. I don`t know for sure as I am still finishing up my v2.

The BF waterless is supposed to be very good and since you have it I would start using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I`m going to use it next. Just did an ONR wash since it was pretty nice today and put another coat of Collinite 845.

Another question I have. Do you guys usually use a spray wax like Aquawax or optimum spray wax after applying Collinite 845 or do you have to wait for the Collinite to cure for certain amount hours before topping of with a spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

I usually like wait 8-12 hours before using a spray wax on freshly applied wax. They should have some cure time.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok thanks. Just wanted to make sure. So would I have to use some QD to lightly clean the dust since I was driving around yesterday night the top with the spray wax?

Thread Information