Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Getting this BMW 325 Reflective

There is a local GTG at the Griots Garage this Sat. Im a sponsor in the show so the owner of this bmw wanted his car looking better for the show.

It was washed with Zymol Premium Car Wash, Nanoskin Autoscrubbed then I used Mezerna Power Finish and a LC CCS green pad with my GG 6" DA to produce these results.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting this BMW 325 Reflective

looks good!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the colors I like to work on, you ca always turn it over
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good john , I did a camry recently with similar paint issue. Since it was for family it was a free job. Clayed and used DG 501
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job. It looks much better

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a huge difference!

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

holy cow! howd you do that? so much pride in your work but only 2 pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! really impressive work with only a DA

Post Thanks / Like

Good work
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
    holy cow! howd you do that? so much pride in your work but only 2 pics?

Thanks...after the wash..it was AutoScrubed..then I just used the Menzerna Power Finish with a LC CCS green pad with my GG 6" DA.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Getting this BMW 325 Reflective

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    Thanks...after the wash..it was AutoScrubed..then I just used the Menzerna Power Finish with a LC CCS green pad with my GG 6" DA.
    did you use the autoscrub pads on the DA or by hand with one of those towels? if you used it on the DA, did you use a clay bar by hand to get into the small areas? i wonder how those guys that clay the car with the DA get into the tight areas? even a 3" pad on a smaller DA i would be scared to use. i still only clay by hand, i love it! how do you remove the heavy dirt & grime from the rockers? the autoscrub takes care of that or do you use a solvent? ive been using laquer thinner forever & i love it! it also makes me a lil dizzy which helps wake me up in the morning so i like using it. a few sniffs & im taken back, it just reminds me of my days in the body shop!

a green pad, is that a medium polishing pad? i use buff and shine pads. boy, i wish all pad companies used the same colors to define each type of cut a pad actually has or does it really go by pores per inch? i just squeeze the pads to compare how firm or how soft a pad is. i love all types of foam but flat foam are my fav pads! i only use flat foam pads. there is def still some paint damage that remains but how can you see it in that garage? easy, wait for good ol sunshine to come out & take more pictures. the sun is the light of truth. she is always honest.

and lastly, what light source are you working with? hopefully more than that single 75w light bulb that i can see hanging lonely in the ceiling of your garage.

if thats just a 1 step though she looks fantastic! did you take any more pics? personally i love to take pics from both sides of a finished car, front & rear, do a whole short "walkaround" with the camera to really try to capture that moment & make my readers feel like there are right in that pic staring deep into that beautifull red paint!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing will ruin a pad quite like the ss bmw red. Nice work dude!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
    did you use the autoscrub pads on the DA or by hand with one of those towels? if you used it on the DA, did you use a clay bar by hand to get into the small areas? i wonder how those guys that clay the car with the DA get into the tight areas? even a 3" pad on a smaller DA i would be scared to use. i still only clay by hand, i love it! how do you remove the heavy dirt & grime from the rockers? the autoscrub takes care of that or do you use a solvent? ive been using laquer thinner forever & i love it! it also makes me a lil dizzy which helps wake me up in the morning so i like using it. a few sniffs & im taken back, it just reminds me of my days in the body shop!

a green pad, is that a medium polishing pad? i use buff and shine pads. boy, i wish all pad companies used the same colors to define each type of cut a pad actually has or does it really go by pores per inch? i just squeeze the pads to compare how firm or how soft a pad is. i love all types of foam but flat foam are my fav pads! i only use flat foam pads. there is def still some paint damage that remains but how can you see it in that garage? easy, wait for good ol sunshine to come out & take more pictures. the sun is the light of truth. she is always honest.

and lastly, what light source are you working with? hopefully more than that single 75w light bulb that i can see hanging lonely in the ceiling of your garage.

if thats just a 1 step though she looks fantastic! did you take any more pics? personally i love to take pics from both sides of a finished car, front & rear, do a whole short "walkaround" with the camera to really try to capture that moment & make my readers feel like there are right in that pic staring deep into that beautifull red paint!
    I used the Autoscrub pad by hand, I have a Velcro back strap that I bought from Griots. I very rarely use on my DA. I use the LC CCS foam pads (Green and Orange) but I have some extra Griots orange pads that I use also but not hat much since I have those LC pads. I have more lighting in the garage. The only part I did was the hood. He is bring it in for a full detail and paint correction. Yes it was just a 1 Step..I really love this Menerna Power Finish with the LC CCS Green pad..It really finishs down to a nice polish. I will same me a lot of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Nothing will ruin a pad quite like the ss bmw red. Nice work dude!
    Correct..it turned my pads red like it was bleeding out..thank god I had plenty of pads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information