Post Thanks / Like

System X coating reflections

So, back in the days of TiD, I found out about the paint coating system known as System X. It was cheaper than the other paint coating systems and unknown, so I ordered it. I`ve applied it on one car and a set of wheels. This post is about the car. This isn`t so much a review; it`s more what an observation.

It was applied June 16th, 2010 after a polish job. Since then, I`ve hand washed it maybe five times max, and the owner has hand washed it a few times, plus automatic no touch car washes. The owner keeps it under a car cover and a carport (darn cats...). There are scratches and swirls back in it from the cover being put on and off so many times, but....the coating is still going strong. Water runs off it just like it the first time I washed it after application, maybe a slight degeneration (85-90% would be a good guess).

I never used it again, except on a set of wheels on a detail recently. Why? Because for me, I like applying the waxes and sealants I have. Could I top? Sure, but that`s not what I want to do. BUT!! I would use it again on someone else`s vehicle, or the wheels on my car.

I would probably order it again if I use up what I have, just to have a cheap paint coating on hand, and one that works extremely well.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: System X coating reflections

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo99 View Post
    So, back in the days of TiD, I found out about the paint coating system known as System X. It was cheaper than the other paint coating systems and unknown, so I ordered it. I`ve applied it on one car and a set of wheels. This post is about the car. This isn`t so much a review; it`s more what an observation.

It was applied June 16th, 2010 after a polish job. Since then, I`ve hand washed it maybe five times max, and the owner has hand washed it a few times, plus automatic no touch car washes. The owner keeps it under a car cover and a carport (darn cats...). There are scratches and swirls back in it from the cover being put on and off so many times, but....the coating is still going strong. Water runs off it just like it the first time I washed it after application, maybe a slight degeneration (85-90% would be a good guess).

I never used it again, except on a set of wheels on a detail recently. Why? Because for me, I like applying the waxes and sealants I have. Could I top? Sure, but that`s not what I want to do. BUT!! I would use it again on someone else`s vehicle, or the wheels on my car.

I would probably order it again if I use up what I have, just to have a cheap paint coating on hand, and one that works extremely well.
    Nice review. Opti Coat is usually $48 on a 20% off coupon at some sites. You can get two cars out of a 20 ML tube. You should try it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Kyle for this review from the days of TID.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo99 View Post

Thanks for the follow up Kyle!

Thread Information