Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

nasty nasty interior....

This has to be the worst interior I have ever had to do. There was brake fluid on the carpet, coke, coffee, juice, ashes, laundry soap, food crumbs from fries, crackers, tacos.... It was just horrible. I was so excited. Its not often that I get a vehicle like this that is really messed up and gives me an opportunity to take some before/after pics. The exterior is just as bad, but that is a job for another day.

This is a 1993 4-Runner. The owner is a guy that I work with. If someone is willing to pitch in and get dirty working on the car then I don`t charge them. He needed this interior cleaned out for a couple reasons. The big thing was that he needed to get the years of smoke smell out of it. We did the best we could on that part, but I think we did a great job. I put him to work on the console and I did the rest. Its funny how slow people are who don`t do this very often. I had cleaned all the carpets and cleaned/conditioned the leather by the time he had that center console finished.

Click here for pictures.

I used Prestone carpet cleaner on the carpets. Meguiar`s #39 and Four Star Rubber and Vinyl Protectant on the dash and console. Four Star leather cleaner and conditioner on the leather. And I used Meguiar`s Odor Terminator for the smell along with Four Star Leather Air Freshenor on the smell. It came out very well. Today when I took a look inside the truck it still smelled brand new. We shot the Odor Terminator in the vents heavily and let the car run on recirculate for about 30 or 45 minutes while we sat in the shade and took a break. I told him that if I ever caught him smoking in that car again then I was going to deodorize his colon and he wasn`t going to like how I got the deodorizer in there. :lol

Click this link for more pictures. Here is a sample of what it looked like before and after. Its amazing what you can do with off the shelf products. Four Star products weren`t really any great part of this transformation. They just helped with the leather and protection. That could have been substituted by any number of products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an after. ...after about 3 hours, of course. It smelled much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    That may look like all I did was pick up the crud on the floor, but check out the rest of the pictures and you`ll see the difference. The driver side was a lot worse. He was a good guy and had floor mats that helped as well. Those had to be cleaned too.

South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Filthy McNasty..............Next time clean the headliner. I use with warm water mixed with Eimann Fabrik Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. I spray into headliner (if it is cloth) and wip with a hot MF. If it is real bad I extract it. One good ole` pal to help a friend out like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    there comes a point where you have to ask, "what are the floor mats for ?? to hold down the crud?"
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    lol yeah, I got the headliner too. I started out doing odor removal as my specialty way back in the day. I think we got it all. Its still hiding out in the vents I think, but we cleaned everywhere else we could get without disassembling the whole interior.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Wurth sells a product that can be sprayed in the induction point of the air system to clean out the entire thing. Might be worth looking into.

Although you might have allready for all I know.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    So how much did you charge for that filthy job?

Great work BTW.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work !!!

Unfortunately, that is where the men are seperated from the boys !!!

Jngrbrdman: Is a carpet extractor in your future? Will save you time in acheiving those type of results. Regardless that is one great job !!!:band
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Anthony!
    I really enjoy working with family and/or friends on their vehicles especially the severely neglected ones. They are always amazed what their vehicle can look like if they took care of it occassionally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work! Interiors like that are never fun. They do make you appreciate cleaning well kept interiors though.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a huge difference....nice work.....
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to get an extractor...however, detailing full time isn`t in my plans for the future. It wouldn`t really be put to the kind of use that I would like it to be. I barely have time to detail 3 or 4 cars a week these days. Come June I won`t be able to detail hardly at all anymore. I guess that just goes with having a new family.

I didn`t charge him anything. I work with him so I think I`ll take my payment in the form of HIM buying lunch from now on. :naughty I try to do friends favors when I can. If they are willing to sweat and do the work then I don`t mind helping them out. If they just want to drop it off and make me do it then they don`t even get much of a discount. Friendship is one thing but business is business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman,
    Seriously with all the free stuff you do you could make a fortune. I know I owe you TONS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work.

What is on the rear left side floor?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information