Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Losing my garage and house

For various reasons I`ve got to move from my big garage and house to an apartment. I checked the apartment and they have a coin-operated wash at the apartment that I certainly don`t plan to use. However I`m open to opinions as to what to do. I`m thinking of just using the spray wand to wet the car then ONR and dry , then going ahead and using my spray products (AW) to keep the car in good shape ...any other comments? The car is a Florida car so i`m mostly worried about UV....

Twice a year I can take it to a friends house and completely strip it and detail if I need to....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Losing my garage and house

If you are concerned about UV protection I would take it to your friends house now, strip it and apply a coating like OptiCoat or CQuarts or perhaps EXO. These coatings are much more durable than AW (Aqua Wax) and give better UV protection over a longer period of time compared to traditional waxes or sealants since they are "permanant" coatings.

I think I read somewhere that OptiCoat provided excellent UV protection to prevent oxidation of paint and fading of exterior trim. (JUST DO NOT USE ON WINDSHIELD-SIDE GLASS IS OK) I hope someone will confirm this becasue I can`t find where I read it now. It was one of the reasons I recently OC`s on of my vehicles. You can them maintain it as you outlime above with ONR and the want to knock off the loose stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Glen, sorry to hear that.
    Clearcoats are alot more durable that we give credit too. My sisters 2002 RSX was waxed by me 3 years ago with Megs NXT. The paint looks fine. The car is outside 24/7 in Tampa heat.

I also live in a apartment/townhouse with no car port here in WV, and all my family and friends are down in FL. So I get to work in local parking garage..... I heavily rely on waterless wash and rinseless now.

Every month I would do a rinseless and apply BFCS every two month. and maintain with Waterless wash.

Goodluck.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve lived in an apartment with no hose access

I used to do ONR washes quite a bit. 2 buckets w/ grit guard filled from the tub. Maybe run an extension cord for a small leaf blower to help dry. Proceed to impress your neighbors.

follow up with a spray wax for added protection to whatever existing LSP is on the paint
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I would wash in the complexe`s DIY wash bay during non peak hours. Pretty cool your complex has that option IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d look at Optimum spray wax. It offers great UV protection and is durable.

There are times when I`ve gone to the car wash and used their wand and rinsed the car down. Ive even done a bucket wash when they aren`t busy. The owner has come by a few times and didn`t have a problem since no one was there. I think I spend more than anyone else does when I`ve been there so he`s making more of me anyway

Post Thanks / Like

A paint coating may be just what the doctor ordered, as Jeff mentioned above.

Both BF Crystal Seal and Ultima can be applied quickly so you will be able to keep your car looking great as needed.

Thread Information