Post Thanks / Like

Uber pad vs new Buff and Shine pad?

My local supplier now has the new BS hex self-centering pad that is much easier to use with rotary. Have anyone try it yet? How is it comparing to Uber pad ( heard much good thing about uber )? I heard Uber and BS are pretty much the same, true?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uber pad vs new Buff and Shine pad?

Quote Originally Posted by stanclub View Post
    My local supplier now has the new BS hex self-centering pad that is much easier to use with rotary. Have anyone try it yet? How is it comparing to Uber pad ( heard much good thing about uber )? I heard Uber and BS are pretty much the same, true?
    I have heard the rumors that Buff and Shine makes the Uber pads, or they use the same foams. I am not sure.

As far as the Hex face style, I have found that face styles usually come down to user preference. Each will have a unique feel and the more experience you have polishing the more you are able to discern the difference. If you like the performance then that is all that matters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stanclub View Post
    I heard Uber and BS are pretty much the same, true?
    Yes, if you look at the pad descriptions for the uber pads, they are identical to the descriptions from the buff and shine website. Also, I have uber pads as well as B&S branded pads and they are visually the same except for some extra trimming of the velcro backing on the edges of the uber pad.

Post Thanks / Like

The B&S pads are the same as Uber pads, however, if you purchase the 5.5" B&S from ADS they do not have the recessed Velcro--which I feel is an advantage with the standard B&S and Uber pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    The B&S pads are the same as Uber pads, however, if you purchase the 5.5" B&S from ADS they do not have the recessed Velcro--which I feel is an advantage with the standard B&S and Uber pads.
    Thanks ski2, I didn`t realize the untrimmed version was an ADS exclusive (that`s where I got my branded B&S). Fortunately the velcro is thin enough to trim back a tad with a good pair of scissors (undercut the foam first with a razor blade about a quarter inch deep). Only takes a couple minutes. Doesn`t look as crisp as a factory cut edge but serves the purpose well.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple photos of trimmed vs untrimmed and what I used.
    Not pretty but it does the trick

hand trimmed edge 5.5"

and untrimmed 5.5 vs factory trimmed Uber/B&S (the untrimmed looks like the velcro overhangs in the photo but it doesnt, it`s flush)

PS the 4" B&S from ADS do have trimmed edges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LS6 View Post
    Thanks ski2, I didn`t realize the untrimmed version was an ADS exclusive (that`s where I got my branded B&S). Fortunately the velcro is thin enough to trim back a tad with a good pair of scissors (undercut the foam first with a razor blade about a quarter inch deep). Only takes a couple minutes. Doesn`t look as crisp as a factory cut edge but serves the purpose well.
    I have no idea why ADS has the B&S 5.5" without the recessed Velcro--I do like that extra margin of safety when working around mirrors, roof racks etc. Detailing.com carries stock B&S pads and will match ADS prices even when ADS has a sale. Bought a few of the yellows from them-great pad-cuts well but finishes down nicely (at least on VW clear).

Thread Information