Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wearing glasses

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing glasses

Ive been wearing reading glasses for many years now when I read and didnt think I needed them for anything otherwise .

Ive always carried a magnifying glass when Im detailing if something is in question.

About year ago I noticed even after aggressive claying the paint still felt rough but I couldnt see anything and thats when I put my reading glasses on and noticed tons and tons of rust colored fallout that I couldnt see at all without my glasses!

That was a real eye opener for me and have been wearing reading glasses ever since when I work. At first I hated it and was a rea PIA but now Im used to it .

I wonder how many things I missed and how many bad detail jobs I put out there because I couldnt see well!

I think I look more serious now and have set aside any vanity. Yeah ,Iook like a nerdy detailer now!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wearing glasses

Well, if the work keeps them coming back then its probably worth wearing them. If you`re dealing with people that can`t recognize a persons obvious good looks because you have glasses on, you`re dealing with the wrong people.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DC, I been wearing my glasses for over 10 years now. Without them I would have missed something on all my customers cars. I see fine, but need them for reading and typing this too.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

"to see or not to see, that is the question" dc, you are the Shakespeare of detailing.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wear glasses myself. In restoration I have ruined 400 dollar pairs just weeks after getting them. It can get frustrating.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I`m old. I wear trifocals and still can`t see!

Post Thanks / Like

if you can get by using over the counter readers and don`t need much of a distance correction, they do make good quality, inexpensive, safety bifocal glasses that come in clear and sunglass tint. i`ve used these in the past. Bifocal Safety Glasses help you see what you`ve been missing

Post Thanks / Like
    I have glasses but I don`t like wearing them… they make me look too smart.

I really only have one eye that`s a problem. I have contacts for only that eye and the other eye is 20/20. Felt weird at first but now I`m used to it. Before ingot glasses I would close the weak eye to see what I needed to see. People always thought I was winking at them

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad I`m not alone in this respect. But I had to get used to the fact. That I needed to wear them for other things besides reading.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

I have worn bifocals for yrs. Never thought much about it as I was driving a truck across country. Now when working under a dash or where I have to look up there are things I can`t see good enough to do close up work. I tried generic readers from the drug store but it wasn`t what I was looking for. A trip to the eye doctor showed me what I needed to do. The doctor explained my different eye conditions in each eye didn`t lend itself to cheaters of the same strength in each eye. I have a set on the way that will be for detailing only.They will be the same as the lower portion of my present glasses but now all over so I can look up or down and see the finer details etc. As soon as they show up I`ll report back how they work out.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    I wear glasses myself. In restoration I have ruined 400 dollar pairs just weeks after getting them. It can get frustrating.
    Thats terrible!
    I bought some nice 20.00 glasses and broke them within a week and thats when I started getting my readers from the dollar store.No shame here!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    if you can get by using over the counter readers and don`t need much of a distance correction, they do make good quality, inexpensive, safety bifocal glasses that come in clear and sunglass tint. i`ve used these in the past. Bifocal Safety Glasses help you see what you`ve been missing
    You are awesome Seve!!
    I was going to search for some inexpensive bifocals because I hate taking them off all the time to see far distance and also resting them on my head and having them knocked off is getting old too!

Is it HARD TO GET USED TO BIFOCALS?

Those prices are really great ! I may have to get 2!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwisejr View Post
    I`m glad I`m not alone in this respect. But I had to get used to the fact. That I needed to wear them for other things besides reading.
    I was in denial for years about my eyesight.I really hate that I cant see as well anymore!

I thought if I ate enought carrots I would be fine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    I have worn bifocals for yrs. Never thought much about it as I was driving a truck across country. Now when working under a dash or where I have to look up there are things I can`t see good enough to do close up work. I tried generic readers from the drug store but it wasn`t what I was looking for. A trip to the eye doctor showed me what I needed to do. The doctor explained my different eye conditions in each eye didn`t lend itself to cheaters of the same strength in each eye. I have a set on the way that will be for detailing only.They will be the same as the lower portion of my present glasses but now all over so I can look up or down and see the finer details etc. As soon as they show up I`ll report back how they work out.

Please do! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps not what others here want to hear, but I have the reverse problem. I have good eyesight and often find myself pointing out holograms and flaws that I see only to come to the realization that the owner of the car isn`t seeing what I am. I am afraid that it sometimes makes me look like I am trying to take advantage of them. It`s "The Emperor`s New Paint".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information