Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Questions

I am going to give my car a full Poorboy`s Treatment, here is a picture of the products I picked out:

I was thinking after a bath of Super Slick & Suds and Poorboy`s World Poly Elastic Clay I would polish with Master Cut, finish with SSR1, then White Diamond, EX-P, and top with either Natty`s Red or Natty`s Blue?

Any suggestions or tweaks to the line up?

I have a full ware house of Poorboy`s goodies at my disposals so let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys Questions

I haven`t used any of the Poorboys polishes in years. I love PWC on my boat. I would highly suggest topping with Nattys Red. Love that LSP.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I like PB`s Bold n Bright, Spray and Wipe, Trim Restorer, Bug squash and their microfiber DMT towels.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`m looking forward to some pics of your results Todd. I`m a die hard Poorboys fan and always will be. By the time you get through the SSR1 stage, the gloss is going to be unreal. White Diamond, EX-P, and Nattys on top of that? Bring some shades

My only suggestion is using the SSR2 or Pro Polish in between Master Cut and SSR1. Master Cut finishes down really nicely, but SSR1 doesn`t have much correction ability and won`t likely remove much hazing or swirls created by the compound (if there`s any to begin with).

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great choice in using on your ride there Todd, I always love using their Bug Squash, Natty`s waxes, Master Cut Compound ( remember to prime your pad for this one ), Spray & Gloss and Bold N Bright Tire Dressing.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I`m looking forward to some pics of your results Todd. I`m a die hard Poorboys fan and always will be. By the time you get through the SSR1 stage, the gloss is going to be unreal. White Diamond, EX-P, and Nattys on top of that? Bring some shades

My only suggestion is using the SSR2 or Pro Polish in between Master Cut and SSR1. Master Cut finishes down really nicely, but SSR1 doesn`t have much correction ability and won`t likely remove much hazing or swirls created by the compound (if there`s any to begin with).
    You got it MrClean use that SSR1 as your jeweling polish

And remember Todd you can do it all outside in that brutal Florida sun if you can handle it

Also there has been a breakthrough in layering technology A buddy of ours layered blue than red than blue than red (repeat) and he said it was just unreal so if your feeling adventurous you know what to do

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    Also there has been a breakthrough in layering technology A buddy of ours layered blue than red than blue than red (repeat) and he said it was just unreal so if your feeling adventurous you know what to do

-Chris
    Since its almost the 4th of July how about an American theme?

Red, White, Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

I have very little experience with PoorBoy`s World products. Of the few I have I`ve been very pleased.

I`ll be attending the PoorBoy`s World Detailing Weekend July 7th & 8th and I`m looking forward to test driving a few.....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Since its almost the 4th of July how about an American theme?

Red, White, Blue
    Done!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post

Excellent advice. I have SSR2 (and Pro Polish) on hand "just in case". I will do a test spot and dial in the process. I am excited, I have used Natty`s Blue back in the day and LOVED the deep look.

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    You got it MrClean use that SSR1 as your jeweling polish

And remember Todd you can do it all outside in that brutal Florida sun if you can handle it

-Chris
    I`m going to enlist the help of my son, slap on some sun block on him, and do this detail "Florida style" in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

I will say that SSR1 is great. I`ve managed to correct alot of stuff with just it alone. Even done a single stage white Ford that turned out great. Cut the oxidation well, but some deep defects did remain. Been using a blue LC CCS pad for my work and it seems to do well with my GG6. You saw how well it removed the oxidation on my Frontier`s hood.

Also want to note, for grins and giggles I tested a panel on the Chevy with SSR2.5 and a white LC CCS polishing pad and it finished out so well I could have gone with my last step product if I wanted, I`m sure SSR2 would look even better. I wouldn`t do it on soft paint like my Nissan, but the hard clearcoat on the Chevy turned out great.

I normally top my PB EX Sealant w/Carnuba with Natty`s Red and love the look.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Done!

Totally Awsome Todd!!!

That is so cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd. I would skip the white diamond. It is really for filling as a glaze. Like you don`t know that already. If your correcting no way will you need filler. If you do I would be surprised. I know your really involved with forum but when do you think you post a crazy detail again? The Ferrari wet sand and billion hour Lamborghini have me looking forward to the next one.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a lot of Poorboys products but I did get my first bottle of MC free to test out. Let`s just say I have purchased it a few times since. Cyan pad and 1400 RPM is a good starting point on most paints and can finish down very nicely if worked down properly. You will still need a finishing polish on a da but it doesn`t take much effort at that point. Looking forward to your results and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Todd. I would skip the white diamond. It is really for filling as a glaze. Like you don`t know that already. If your correcting no way will you need filler. If you do I would be surprised. I know your really involved with forum but when do you think you post a crazy detail again? The Ferrari wet sand and billion hour Lamborghini have me looking forward to the next one.
    Thanks Jeff. I have been told that the White Diamond may add some pop to already correct paint. I am really interested in testing it out and seeing if this is true. The paint will be polished and swirl free before application, so I will be a good test.

As far as still doing details, I kick the idea around from time to time but I am so busy with work. In fact the owner of the 458 that I wet sanded traded it in and has been asking me to detail his new spider. We shall see. Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I don`t have a lot of Poorboys products but I did get my first bottle of MC free to test out. Let`s just say I have purchased it a few times since. Cyan pad and 1400 RPM is a good starting point on most paints and can finish down very nicely if worked down properly. You will still need a finishing polish on a da but it doesn`t take much effort at that point. Looking forward to your results and good luck!
    Thanks! Looking forward to it as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information