Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Exclusively Use Either PB`s or CG`s?

I`ve been experimenting with new products lately and was wondering if anyone here used ONLY the full line from Poorboy`s or Chemical Guys. I`m not considering this, but it seems that they do offer a full compliment of products.

At the moment, I`m using CG`s Pure Leather Conditioner (thoughts?) and PB`s World EX-P sealant as an LSP for my "customers" as well as their Polish with Carnuba for single-step or non-correction jobs.

I`ve still got M-105, 205 D-300 and P085RD in the toolbox for certain jobs and Collinite 845 as an LSP but I`m looking for some alternatives

I don`t want to limit myself, but I don`t want to go absolutely crazy either (and neither does my wife ). Just looking for some alternatives as I don`t want to find myself battling a paint issue. Then again, I don`t want to be stuck scratching my head trying to figure out what to use on a particular vehicle.

TIA!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Exclusively Use Either PB`s or CG`s?

I would not restrict yourself to one line especially related to polishing.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I would not restrict yourself to one line especially related to polishing.
    agreed. no reason to really stick with only 1 product line

I carry to clients pretty much everything mentioned by the OP and more. you just never know what you`ll run into

I think I prefer lexol for leather conditioning but I do use the CG conditioner sometimes. primarily because it claims to offer UV protection

I use products from a variety of lines but do carry a lot of poorboys stuff. I initially started using the PB line due to the fact that they can be used in direct sun (being that I do mobile work) but even on cool cloudy days I`ll still reach for PB sometimes just because it works well.

If you like PwC, you should try PwS. I use both (along with a handful of other AIO`s) and I`ll say PwS is my top choice for an AIO. if you`re using the product heavy (which I sometimes do with cleaner wax type products) the carnauba will kinda gum up the pad. even if you are cleaning on the fly. PwS doesn`t seem to have that problem really
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I use mostly CG products mostly due to price and being able to buy them in gallon sizes. I really like most all of their products and have not had any problems with any products so far. I probably have 20+ CG products, but I still use other products by other companies too. I have BlackFire, Wolfgang, DP, 845, and others, but try to mostly use CG stuff. I don`t know much about Poorboys since I`ve used only a few of thier products in the past, but the ones that I`ve used I like. I was trying to get the most for my money starting out and CG products seemed like the best way to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, did you say you were using CG Leather Conditioner as a LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys has been my go to for polish for a while now. Like stated above, I tried it first because you can use it in the sun. After doing that first car with SSR2, I couldn`t believe how good it was. Honestly they make some of the best polishes on the market. I know a few guys who use their stuff exclusively and produce some really high quality work. Myself, I do use a lot of PB stuff, but I also use Menzerna polishes and a wide variety of cleaners and such. I consider Steve and Pockets friends, and always try to buy what I can from them because the customer service is second to none and they are great guys. Same goes for Garry Dean, who also has a nice line of products out now. I would really suggest giving Poorboys a try, even if you don`t buy the entire line all at once lol.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using some of Poorboy`s product`s like Natty`s waxes, Bug Squash, Bold N Bright Tire Dressing and a few others. I have so many different products that it will take me awhile (year`s) to use them all up. Use what you like but always try something else because you might find a diamond in the rough. To me all of the products that are in the Autopia Car Care Store are great for everyone.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the depth of the work you do I don`t think you could use either one completely exclusively, for example, neither offers sandpaper.

If I was choose one line exclusively, then it would be Meguiar`s, since their line is SO vast and could take you from the bodyshop to Pebble Beach.

That said, both Chemical Guys and Poorboy`s offer extremely diverse lines and you couldn`t go wrong making either one of them your mainstay!

Thread Information