Thread: clay on windows

Post Thanks / Like

Talking clay on windows

I read somewhere that you could use clay on windows/glass. I tried it and WOW! what a difference! I`ll bet my `95 Passport`s windows haven`t been this clean since it left the factory!
    If you think your glass is clean, try the Baggie test and you`ll probably find it as rough as course sandpaper. Clay a section and re-Baggie. I think you`ll be very impressed.
    Darryl S

Post Thanks / Like
    Claying ALL the truck is the way to do it and that includes the windows.

Thanks to you destair for making your first post a contribution.....shows intent to be helpful and that`s desireable. :cool Feel free to ask also. Glad you`re here.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. Mostly I think that is just left over bug guts and tree sap. Glass is a little hard for most IFO to embed itself into. Claying does make a world of difference on just about any surface. I save my old pieces of clay for things like glass and wheels.

If you want to see some really smooth and clear glass then get some actual glass polish and try that out. I`ve got some RainX glass polish that I don`t know if they even make anymore. I saw some on clearance at Target and bought it up because I never see it and it works so freaking well. Its very gritty feeling stuff that is about the thickness of AIO. It polishes plastic headlights and windshields like nothing else. I love it. I don`t know what else to suggest, but make sure it is glass polish. Don`t bust out the DACP on your windshiled or you could get more scratches than you want. Glass isn`t as soft as clear coat and polishing haze isn`t going to come right out. A really fine polish does wonders though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, indeed! I have clayed the truck and like you say, it makes a huge difference. I followed claying with AIO and S100. It creates quite a shine
    Darryl S

Post Thanks / Like
    I have said it before once you clay-you won`t go without it. if you have an older vehicle it may take a few clay treatments but it is worth it.

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by destair
    Yes, indeed! I have clayed the truck and like you say, it makes a huge difference. I followed claying with AIO and S100. It creates quite a shine
    Uhhhh....

Did you put AIO and S100 on the windshield? I`ve always heard that WAXING (i.e. the S100) your windshield isn`t that great of an idea. Your wipers will leave tracks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. I followed the claying with RainX.
    Darryl S

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I know i had paint over spray all over my 2000 Silverado and windsheild. I clayed everything and WOW!!!!! what a difference
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use SSR1 with great results. Never thought about claying. Gotta try that! I hate a dirty windshield....
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    I clayed 3 vehicles for a paint company last week. It`s easy money.
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by WarrenA
    I have said it before once you clay-you won`t go without it. if you have an older vehicle it may take a few clay treatments but it is worth it.
    I totally agree. The first time I clayed my 91 Legend it was amazing. I didn`t know you could clay glass though-hmmmmmmm-might have to try that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, my buddy had some terrible overspray from a piece of faded plastic that he spray-painted. The clay worked nicely. At first we only did the paint, but then we decided to clay and polish the glass. The bad overspray was gone after this process. However, I have yet to see the car in daylight and I am dying to get some photos since we both worked on it for 6 hours. That`s the longest I have ever spent on a car, plus I had someone assisting me. I`ll post pics when I get a chance.
    "Aerodynamics are for people who don`t know how to build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried to clay the inside of the windows as well? Just curious. Im sure it would do some good...

Also What about clear coated wheels? and Chrome parts?

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Focusedonsound
    Has anyone tried to clay the inside of the windows as well? Just curious. Im sure it would do some good...

Also What about clear coated wheels? and Chrome parts?
    I actually used a claybar on my dad`s chrome wheels on his RL. When he bought it a few surfaces on the rims were rough and not as shiny as the rest. The claybar took care of it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use clay about anywhere you have paint or metal to clean. It`s not going to hurt anything. It just picks up stuck on stuff. I use it on my windows, paint, chrome bumpers and wheels...anywhere.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Thread Information