Post Thanks / Like

A thirst for knowledge??

Hello everyone my name is Preeski and this is my first time posting here. To make a long story short I`m very detailed oriented-I`m a structural steel detailer, but it`s just barely paying my bills. So I`m interested in becoming a professional auto detailer. I want to emphasize the word "PROFESSIONAL". First of all I live in Sarasota Florida , which is 1 of the top 10 richest cities in the country, so I feel that the market is here to make money even with competitors. I`ve got the initiative, money, hussle, marketablity, detail orinented mind set, and patience to turn this idea into something special.

I lack knowledge of what the difference is between the different detailing operations that can be performed on cars.

I also need help on getting educated about detailing. Are there any courses at a local community college, or some online courses, books, literature, dvd courses "credible". I want to start at detailing level 101. I understand how important it is to master a trade such as this, so I`m not jumping into this thinking is`t easy, or that I already know it all etc. That would be disrespectful to you guys that have paved the way into turning auto detailing into a respectable career.

Please I welcome all input that can point me in the right direction to first learning how to detail a car.

I understand that experiece is the best teacher, but the cars where I live are so expensive that I won`t feel comfortable performing a detail until I fully understand the concept and time envolved.

Thank everyone for reading and appreciate any for of help.

Preeski

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the DC.

I am in no way shape or form a "Professional" However I am working on getting the Professional results for my own cars.

You may want to check out www.meguiarsonline.com and www.meguiars.com they have some great how to`s ect.

Plus do some searches here on detailing 101. Some people have made great posts regarding this.

As far as what a pro needs to have in his shop that your going to need to get info from other people on here. There are A LOT of very very knowledgable people on here and suprisingly are always willing to lend a helping hand.

Sorry I couldn`t provide more info ...but im sure you will find what you need here or will get pointed to where you need to go.

Proud Resident Of Detail City
    Post Thanks / Like
    Practice on your own car or friends and family member`s cars as much as possible. As far as resources are concerned, check out product manufacturer`s websites for tech articles. Car wash.com has a detailing section with article archives. There are also some detailing books out there, but the information is on the Internet, you just have to find it. Try running a search on google.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    If you just start by reading posts it will soon become clear. All the answers are here so just keep coming back and get your feet wet by getting a PC and some quality products.

As you may have seen by my other posts I`m a big fan of Poorboys products and of Steve the man behind those products. www.poorboysworld.com Great detailing products and a knowledgeable and helpfull guy there to guide you straight. I guarantee he`ll treat you right.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx:
    I will definitely start keep in contact with you guys, I appreciate your time.
    Preeski

Thread Information